- Bengaluru, India
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer, PepsiCo, and Munich Re empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions and products (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer, or a wind farm offering a guaranteed ROI with Munich Re). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $82M in funding, and 200+ customers with household names, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as opportunity. Our exceptional Glassdoor ratings reflect a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
This role can be hired in Chennai, Bangalore or Hyderabad locations.
- Keeping your assigned Alation AAA site or service up and running or getting it back up and running quickly when failure occurs
- Working closely with internal partners and teams to ensure that we ship software that meets security, SLA, and performance requirements
- You will maintain the Alation platform by diagnosing, predicting and correcting scaling problems
- Will participate in on-call and identify issues and drive them to resolution and conduct blameless RCA.
- Engaging and Improving the SDLC of Services from Design to Operation.
- Provide project management, sprint planning and road mapping support to the DevOps Team.
- 7+ years of Experience in Managing an engineering team with technical deep-dive, Preferably with a SaaS Product at Scale.
- Strong Understanding of DevOps/Agile methodologies and CI/CD Principles.
- Define and measure SLA/SLO/KPIs and ensure to Alation meets the set goals.
- Experience in allocating/assigning resources to meet OKRs, mentoring and teaching employees and hiring excellent people.
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of Configuration Management and Deployment tools.
- Experience with any higher language like Python, Go, Java, Groovy.
- Production level experience with Application Monitoring of real-time altering systems & logging.
- Expertise in multiple clouds, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Expertise in Troubleshooting and reliability issues.
- BTech/BE in Computer Science or Equivalent.
- Curious and Growth MindSet and always willing to learn new technologies.
- Can Do attitude and Ability to think outside of the box.
- Good Communication and Strong Interpersonal Skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status, or disability status.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
Back to top