Sr. Software Engineer - Cloud Team
- Flexible / Remote
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market and today is leading its evolution into a platform for a broad range of data intelligence solutions including data search & discovery, data governance, and digital transformation. Nearly 200 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
The Cloud Team’s mission is to innovate the architectural vision of the Alation Data Catalog Platform from the ground up. In this role, this individual will bring deep cloud and platform expertise to collaborate side-by-side with all levels of Engineering to technically design and deliver this platform centered on data intelligence. This initiative will further propel Alation as the product leader in the Data Catalog space.
As a senior technical engineer, your expertise with cloud platforms and computation, designing and building platforms at cloud scale, and your experience delivering platforms end-to-end that operate seamlessly and cleanly for large customer bases, will be applied to engineering this critical infrastructure to meet rapidly evolving customer needs.
We want to talk to you if you...
- Have proven experience and results in building cloud technologies end-to-end from design to delivery across multiple initiative cycles.
- Have an innovation mindset to solve problems in a leading-edge new technology space.
- Have deep and broad foundational knowledge of cloud technologies such as containerization (Kubernetes, Docker), the cloud networking stack, content delivery systems and more.
- Are a team player that shares technical leadership across an engineering organization.
- Have 10+ years experience in the space, backed by a high quality computer science education/degree.
- Experience in Python and Postgres are a plus!
Here’s what you will be doing...
- Work on every phase of the platform creation, from proof-of-concept code to architecture, design and implementation, to build it to perfection.
- Leverage your technology experience to influence technology direction and decision making, scaling up all aspects of the cloud (containerization, auto-scaling, operational efficiency and effectiveness, monitoring, etc.).
- Continuously share your technical leadership and innovation across the Alation engineering organization.
- Work with the team to deliver a platform that operates and computes seamlessly, and clearly demonstrates innovation to match Alation’s product leadership.
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
For information about company benefits, please visit www.ibenefitsapp.com/alation-2021. Password is Alation21
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
Back to top