Sr. Software Engineer - Capture
- Redwood City, CA
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market and today is leading its evolution into a platform for a broad range of data intelligence solutions including data search & discovery, data governance, and digital transformation. Nearly 230 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
Alation is seeking a talented and highly technical senior engineer to join our fast-growing team in Redwood Shores. The ideal candidate will communicate fearlessly to build trust. We need leaders who take active roles in shaping the future of engineering while embodying our core values.
What does the Capture Team do?
The Capture team owns the foundational component of the Alation product integrating with a multitude of technologies and tools in HDFS, BI, Data Lake, Warehousing, and Databases to bring in metadata and insights through our pipelines to power our industry-leading Data Cataloging solution. As a member of the Capture team, you will drive and own multiple product initiatives from inception through delivery. You will own the decisions on prioritization and technical tradeoffs.
As part of Team Capture, you will…
- Design and own new user experiences that enable customers to gain insights
- Work with our amazing product and design team to build a core product experience
- Build the next generation of frameworks and solutions that simplify the complexity and enable the next level of scale
- Design both internal and customer-facing APIs that are fast and flexible
- Make smart scoping and priority decisions to ship fast, impactful code
You may be a perfect fit if you...
- Have a CS degree and 8+ years of experience working as a software engineer
- Have 3+ years of experience designing, developing, and shipping software products and services with a distributed backend
- Have a good command of architectural conventions such as RESTful API design, concepts of algorithmic complexity
- Experience in working with data at scale and exposure to building frameworks to solve integration problems is desired.
- Strong software design and architecture skills with an eye toward avoiding and reducing technical debt
- Hands-on experience independently building and shipping features
- Worked with Relational Databases - Postgres is a plus!
- Demonstrate clear leadership and communication skills
- Are collaborative and measure your success through impact
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
For information about company benefits, please visit www.ibenefitsapp.com/alation-2021. Password is Alation21
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
Back to top