Sr. Performance Engineer
- Bangalore, India
Alation is seeking a talented and experienced Senior Performance Test Engineer to join our QA team in Chennai.
- Work with development teams that are building our software to generate production workloads and tools to understand and characterize system performance and scalability
- Understand system architecture to isolate and layout limitations/problem areas
- Own development of automated performance test framework
- Establish and define performance baseline, monitor/analyze/catalog the results and ensure that our product hits defined target goals for performance
- Work with the engineering team, customer support, and field engineers to find and analyze performance bottlenecks and initiate discussions about improvements in architecture and underlying code
- Identify and recommend performance testing tools. Install, configure, and implement performance testing tools in a web cloud or N-Tiered application environment for custom developed or packaged software applications and systems.
Desired Qualification and Skills:
- Degree in computer science (e.g., a CS degree or extensive experience)
- 7+ years industry experience in Performance testing
- Experience testing APIs/Microservices and Data platforms
- Skilled with object-oriented scripting languages such as Python
- Good knowledge of database systems and query execution methods
- Extensive experience using JMeter. Experience with other tools like Tsung, Locust, Gatling are nice to have.
- Experience with AWS, Linux
- Experience with Fiddler, Wireshark, or other network packet capture tools are nice to have.
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Understanding of throughput, latency, memory and CPU utilization
- Ability to narrow down root cause of performance bottlenecks on both frontend and backend
- Solid knowledge on performance, the core principles and methodologies
Back to top