Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer, PepsiCo, and Munich Re empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions and products (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer, or a wind farm offering a guaranteed ROI with Munich Re). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $217M in funding - valued at $1.2 billion and 200+ customers with household names, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Our exceptional Glassdoor ratings reflect a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation is seeking a full-stack engineer to join our fast-growing team in Chennai, India. As part of Alation’s Customer Growth Engineering team, you will be responsible for the most important part of our code, ensuring customer applications run perfectly. We are looking for software engineers who are motivated and passionate about fixing & diagnosing problems in large bodies of complex code, delivering fixes to customers with rapid turnaround time and high quality. You will be part of our core development team to improve the product based on requirements and blockers reported by Support, Customer Success and Field organizations.
Our Engineers work directly with customers helping to troubleshoot issues, problems and resolve customer dissatisfaction. Engages closely with customers and internal product engineering organization to come up with solutions, workarounds, product feature/bug requests and makes sure the customer issues are resolved in a timely manner.
As part of Team Capture, you will…
- Triage, prioritize, root cause, and fix customer-reported product defects and act as a liaison to coordinate critical investigations and provide technical expertise
- Provide input on how to enhance production code maintainability by suggesting product enhancements to self-diagnostics, error reporting, and system monitoring
- Design tools and engineering aids to help support engineers rapidly diagnose problems
- Implement improvements requested by customers from requirements capturing while working with the Product team
- Work one on one with customers, or customer engineers until issues are resolved
- Involved in design and code reviews of production code, leveraging your customer experience to reduce negative experiences with the product
- Provide input to Engineering roadmap for improvements and enhancements that would increase supportability of the product
You'll be a great fit if you
- Have strong computer science fundamentals
- Thoughtful and well-articulated product reasoning
- Have desire to dive into details of complex code that runs at scale via on-prem delivery model
- Software engineer with 3+ years of experience designing, developing, and shipping software products and services with a distributed backend.
- Have experience building web applications with scalable web architecture in working closely with operations to deliver an unparallel user experience.
We want to talk to you if you…
- Are adaptable and prepared for a fast-paced, evolving, growing, and dynamic environment
- Have strong Git skills while working with an Agile team
- Are able to identify solutions that improve the quality of service and reduce operational and support burden
- Have a passion for elegance and simplicity.
- Take pride in designing solutions that will outlive the problem.
- Have experience with AWS products Like EC2, RDS, etc is a plus
- Understand how to translate business requirements and “user needs” into code
- Are curious and energized by learning new techniques and tools
- Are a clear thinker - Can weigh tradeoffs, communicate complex ideas, and have precision about what you know and don't know
- Are a fast learner - Can integrate and apply new concepts quickly
- Take ownership - Take pride in your work and responsibility for getting the details right, even when no one's looking
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!