Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
More than 250 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation, including AbbVie, American Family Insurance, Cisco, Exelon, Finnair, Munich Re, New Balance, Pfizer, Scandinavian Airlines, and US Foods. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list and is backed by leading venture capitalists including Blackstone, Costanoa, Data Collective, Dell Technologies, Icon, ISAI Cap, Riverwood, Salesforce, Sanabil, Sapphire and Snowflake Ventures.
With more than $217M in funding - valued at $1.2 billion, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Our exceptional Glassdoor ratings reflect a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
This role will be located in Redwood City, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, or Austin, TX
The Cloud Team’s mission is to innovate the architectural vision of the Alation Data Catalog Platform from the ground up. In this role, this individual will bring cloud technology expertise to collaborate side-by-side with engineering peers to technically analyze, design and implement this platform centered on data intelligence. This initiative will further propel Alation as the product leader in the Data Catalog space.
As a technically skilled engineer, your experience with cloud technologies, the operational inner working of those technologies at cloud scale, and your experience launching scaled software within those technologies with seamless clean operations, will be applied to engineer this critical infrastructure to meet the evolving needs of our rapidly growing customer base.
You may be a perfect fit if you:
- Have proven experience and results in building cloud technologies and frameworks from design and analysis to delivery.
- Have solid knowledge of cloud technologies such as containerization (Kubernetes, Docker), the cloud networking stack and more.
- Are a team player that shares in technical collaboration across an engineering organization.
- Have 5+ years experience in the space, backed by a high quality computer science education/degree.
- Experience in Python and Postgres are a plus!
As part of Cloud team you will:
- Work on cloud technology and framework creation, from proof-of-concept code to design, analysis and implementation, to build it to perfection.
- Leverage your technology experience to perfect platform implementation at scale (containerization, pod scaling, operational efficiency and effectiveness, monitoring, etc.).
- Continuously share your technical analysis, design and implementation across the Alation engineering groups.
- Work with the team to deliver a platform that operates and computes seamlessly, and clearly demonstrates innovation to match Alation’s product leadership.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!