Software Engineer - Cloud Team
- Redwood City, CA
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer, PepsiCo, and Munich Re empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions and products (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer, or a wind farm offering a guaranteed ROI with Munich Re). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $82M in funding, and 200+ customers with household names, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as opportunity. Our exceptional Glassdoor ratings reflect a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
This role will be located in Redwood City, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, or Austin, TX
The Cloud Team’s mission is to innovate the architectural vision of the Alation Data Catalog Platform from the ground up. In this role, this individual will bring cloud technology expertise to collaborate side-by-side with engineering peers to technically analyze, design and implement this platform centered on data intelligence. This initiative will further propel Alation as the product leader in the Data Catalog space.
As a technically skilled engineer, your experience with cloud technologies, the operational inner working of those technologies at cloud scale, and your experience launching scaled software within those technologies with seamless clean operations, will be applied to engineer this critical infrastructure to meet the evolving needs of our rapidly growing customer base.
We want to talk to you if you…
- Have proven experience and results in building cloud technologies and frameworks from design and analysis to delivery.
- Have solid knowledge of cloud technologies such as containerization (Kubernetes, Docker), the cloud networking stack and more.
- Are a team player that shares in technical collaboration across an engineering organization.
- Have 5+ years experience in the space, backed by a high quality computer science education/degree.
- Experience in Python and Postgres are a plus!
Here’s what you will be doing…
- Work on cloud technology and framework creation, from proof-of-concept code to design, analysis and implementation, to build it to perfection.
- Leverage your technology experience to perfect platform implementation at scale (containerization, pod scaling, operational efficiency and effectiveness, monitoring, etc.).
- Continuously share your technical analysis, design and implementation across the Alation engineering groups.
- Work with the team to deliver a platform that operates and computes seamlessly, and clearly demonstrates innovation to match Alation’s product leadership.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
Back to top