- Bangalore, India
What does the Curate Team do?
The Curate team is tasked with empowering users to catalog and curate high quality documents and metadata from underlying big data level stores. This data is leveraged within the Alation product and across the data ecosystem that customers create, and the catalog is a key part of the Alation platform that delivers that scale and capabilities. As a core product engineering team, we currently design and implement the product’s core metadata management and collaboration technology and are looking for someone who has Full Stack experience, preferably in React, Redux and Python technologies. The candidate will contribute to all parts of the stack from Front-end to Back-end, and contribute to many aspects of engineering our software for the next level of scale.
As part of Team Curate you will…
- Design and implement our Catalog and Curation features and system components, evolving it for the next level of user experience and performance
- Design both internal and customer-facing APIs that are fast and flexible
- Make smart scoping and priority decisions to ship fast, impactful code
- Work with our amazing product and design team to build a core product experience that enables our users to create, collaborate and govern highly curated data from underlying big data in a meaningful way.
- Collaborate with our other skilled and kind engineers to make this all happen.
You may be a perfect fit if you...
- Have a CS degree and at least 2-6 years of experience working as a software engineer
- Have 1-2+ years of experience developing and shipping software products and services with a distributed backend
- Have a good comprehension of design conventions such as algorithmic complexity
- Like working on complex Full-Stack architectures and have worked with React and Redux and Python. Django is a plus!
- Have worked with Relational Databases - Postgres is a plus!
- Understand how to translate business requirements and “user needs” into code
- Are adaptable and prepared for a fast-paced, evolving, growing, and dynamic environment
- Are collaborative and measure your success through impact
Back to top