Software Development Engineer in Test
- Chennai, India
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market, leading the evolution of data management from simply managing data to driving data culture. Alation customers leverage the data catalog as a platform to drive data search & discovery, data governance, data stewardship, analytics, and cloud migration. With its powerful behavioral and linguistic intelligence technologies, collaboration capabilities, and open interfaces, Alation provides a platform for a broad range of metadata management applications by combining machine learning with human insight to tackle the most demanding challenges in data management. More than 170 organizations are driving their data cultures and improving their organizations’ decision-making with Alation, including Daimler, Exelon, Munich Re, Pfizer, and Salesforce.com. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation is funded by Costanoa Ventures, Data Collective Venture Capital, Icon Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, and Salesforce Ventures. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds. From Stanford, Berkeley, and IITs, from big companies and small startups, from all over the world, we all came together to work toward a shared vision of a world where informed decision-making is the norm -- we are incredibly driven to make data more accessible in every industry.
- Alation is seeking a talented and experienced Senior Test Automation Engineer to join our QA team in Redwood City. You will be responsible for designing and implementing functional, integration, load, and end-to-end tests, and will work at UI, API and database levels. Using your full breadth of experience as a QA Automation Engineer you will use your skills to test functionality, write thoughtful manual and automated test cases, and use your programming skills to implement automation.
- Requirements/use case analysis, strong test case development and execution, and defect recording and tracking
- Continuously think about ways to improve product quality and test coverage by test automation
- Continuously think about ways to develop maintainable and scalable test automation systems
- Drive continuous improvement of the software development and testing process
- Influence stakeholders across time zones and geographies to continuously raise the bar on quality, timeliness and innovation.
Desired Qualification and Skills:
- Depth of knowledge in computer science (e.g., a CS degree or extensive experience)
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant industry experience
- Working experience with at least one relational database like postgres or mysql
- Expertise in an assortment of test automation and scripting tools like Selenium, Python
- Experience in Cross Browser Test Script development and cloud based services like sauce labs or browser stack
- Working experience in Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of CI and Jenkins
- Strong experience in testing Enterprise products
- Good written communication
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
Back to top