Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer, PepsiCo, and Munich Re empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions and products (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer, or a wind farm offering a guaranteed ROI with Munich Re). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $217M in funding - valued at $1.2 billion and 300+ customers with household names, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Our exceptional Glassdoor ratings reflect a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Support Engineer to join our advanced support team. As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will provide advanced-level technical support, helping our customers integrate with the Alation platform. You will be responsible for troubleshooting and debugging complex issues as well as acting as an escalation point with customers and internal teams.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide advanced-level technical support to Alation customers, partners, prospects, and other support engineers
- Specialize in at least one of the support specialization areas and serve as SME for internal and external customers
- Contribute to the Alation Support Knowledge Base by regularly authoring, editing and updating technical documentation such as KB articles, runbooks, community FAQs, product documentation, etc.
- Facilitate internal and external technical enablement sessions
- Build and utilize complex lab setups to replicate and resolve problems
You should have:
- CS degree and at least 5 years of experience as a support engineer providing enterprise software application support
- Experience troubleshooting Linux and running shell commands
- Experience with Relational Databases, such Oracle and Postgres. SQL is a must.
- Ability to diagnose and debug applications written Java and/or Python
- Experience with Web servers, such as Apache and Nginx
- Experience with REST APIs
A big plus if you have experience in the following areas:
- Postgres (DB internals)
- JDBC drivers
- Elasticsearch, NoSQL, MongoDB
- Hadoop Ecosystem (Hive, HBase)
- Cloud technologies and frameworks such as Kubernetes and Docker
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!