Senior Solution Engineer
- New York, NY
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
More than 250 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation, including AbbVie, American Family Insurance, Cisco, Exelon, Finnair, Munich Re, New Balance, Pfizer, Scandinavian Airlines, and US Foods. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list and is backed by leading venture capitalists including Blackstone, Costanoa, Data Collective, Dell Technologies, Icon, ISAI Cap, Riverwood, Salesforce, Sanabil, Sapphire and Snowflake Ventures.
With more than $217M in funding - valued at $1.2 billion, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as opportunity. Our exceptional Glassdoor ratings reflect a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation is looking for a Senior Solution Engineer to join our Business Development team who enjoys working directly with partners to drive the successful implementation and adoption of the Alation Data Catalog platform. Alation solution engineers play a pivotal role supporting channel partners, ISV partners, and global system integrators. They provide a wide range of technical, functional, and domain expertise to help recruit, enable, and assist partners with their go-to-market efforts.
The Senior Solution Engineer role leads the technical relationship with partners and collaborates with Business Development Account Managers to stay aligned and ensure all goals and milestones are achieved. Seeking to hire this candidate in New York, however the candidate hired for the position can work remotely throughout the East Coast of the United States as well.
What you will be doing:
- Meeting with partners to enable them on the Alation Data Catalog and specific use cases.
- Meeting with prospective partners to assist with qualifying them by understanding their practice capability, demonstrating the Alation Data Catalog, and typical use cases.
- Working with regional and global system integrators to help them define and architect solution offerings.
- Providing oversight for system integrators during the build of their specific solutions and go-to-market materials.
- Maintaining Business Development demonstration and development environments provided to partners.
- Leading the creation of partner joint value proposition demonstrations.
- Facilitating product support for partners in conjunction with Alation Support
- Answering field technical questions from partners that range from API usage to implementation best practices.
- Participating in partner events and Alation Partner Relationship Management (PRM) content creation.
You should have:
- Impressive intellectual horsepower. Demonstrated outstanding problem solving skills, curiosity, and a desire to grow.
- High EQ. Ability to empathize with user, customer, and partner challenges, and link Alation’s value to the challenges.
- Energy and "hacker mindset." Appetite for working in a startup environment, and excellent ability to get things done.
- Passion for Data and Analytics - We believe in a world where informed decision-making is the norm, and we would love it if you share this vision.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum 3+ years of supporting partners in a technical solution role.
- Minimum 5+ years of software pre-sales experience in the data domain which can include data integration, data quality, data governance, metadata management, master data management, data warehousing and/or big data.
- Prior data management consulting experience as a solution architect in the data domain; data governance and master data management preferred.
- Experience leading project teams.
- Solution development experience for system integrators.
- Linux and system admin level skills.
- AWS and/or Azure environment configuration and management.
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experience with Alation or other catalog platforms
- Python scripting and development experience using REST APIs
- An advanced understanding of data and IT concepts including SQL and Linux configuration
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
Back to top