Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer, PepsiCo, and Munich Re empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions and products (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer, or a wind farm offering a guaranteed ROI with Munich Re). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $217M in funding - valued at $1.2 billion and 300+ customers with household names, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Our exceptional Glassdoor ratings reflect a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
We are seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our fast-growing Analytics team. In this role, you will help define how we build and scale our analytics platform and you will help us build a work culture that fosters continuous learning and growth.
As part of the Analytics team, you will…
- Design and solidify data warehouse for capturing and storing analytics data
- Build and maintain analytics infrastructure to route customer data into the warehouse
- Build and maintain a secure, scalable, high-performance, and fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Build and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to data customers
- Tackle latency and throughput challenges in data processing and request serving
- Implement tools that help our data customers to extract, analyze, and visualize data faster
- Evaluate new technologies and build prototypes for continuous improvements in data infrastructure and engineering
- Work on the Docker Containerization infrastructure
You are a perfect fit if you...
- Have a CS degree and 6+ years of experience working as a software engineer
- Have 3+ years of experience designing, developing, and shipping software products and services with a distributed backend
- Have a good understanding of architectural conventions such as RESTful API design, concepts of algorithmic complexity
- Like working on complex Full-Stack architectures and have worked with Python - Django
- Experience with GO is a plus!
- Worked with Relational Databases - Postgres is a plus!
- Understand how to translate business requirements and “user needs” into code
- Are adaptable and prepared for a fast-paced, evolving, growing, and dynamic environment
- Demonstrate clear leadership and communication skills
- Are collaborative and measure your success through impact
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!