Senior Software Engineer
- Bangalore, India
What does the Curate Team do?
The Curate team is tasked with empowering users to catalog and curate high quality documents and metadata from underlying big data level stores. This data is leveraged within the Alation product and across the data ecosystem that customers create, and the catalog is a key part of the Alation platform that delivers that scale and capabilities. As a core product engineering team, we currently design and implement the product’s core metadata management and collaboration technology and are looking for someone who has Full Stack experience, preferably in React, Redux and Python technologies. The candidate will contribute to all parts of the stack from Front-end to Back-end, and contribute to many aspects of engineering our software for the next level of scale.
As part of Team Curate you will…
- Simplify the complexity of our Catalog and Curation architecture, evolving it for the next level of scale, including performance, quality of service and operational efficiency
- Design both internal and customer-facing APIs that are fast and flexible
- Improve our Catalog data management algorithms for efficiency and robustness
- Make smart scoping and priority decisions to ship fast, impactful code
- Work with our amazing product and design team to build a core product experience that enables our users to create, collaborate and govern highly curated data from underlying big data in a meaningful way
- Collaborate with our other skilled and kind engineers to make this all happen
You may be a perfect fit if you...
- Have a CS degree and 6+ years of experience working as a software engineer
- Have 3+ years of experience designing, developing, and shipping software products and services with a distributed backend
- Have a good understanding of architectural conventions such as RESTful API design, concepts of algorithmic complexity
- Like working on complex Full-Stack architectures and have worked with React and Redux and Python - Django is a plus!
- Worked with Relational Databases - Postgres is a plus!
- Understand how to translate business requirements and “user needs” into code
- Are adaptable and prepared for a fast-paced, evolving, growing, and dynamic environment
- Demonstrate clear leadership and communication skills
- Are collaborative and measure your success through impact
Back to top