Senior Software Engineer (Backend) - Capture Team
- Bangalore, India
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer, PepsiCo, and Munich Re empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions and products (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer, or a wind farm offering a guaranteed ROI with Munich Re). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $217M in funding - valued at $1.2 billion and 200+ customers with household names, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Our exceptional Glassdoor ratings reflect a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation is seeking a talented and highly technical Senior Engineer to join our fast-growing team in Alation, India. The ideal candidate will communicate fearlessly to build trust. We need leaders who take active roles in shaping the future of engineering while embodying our core values.
This role can be hired in Chennai, Bangalore or Hyderabad locations.
What does the Capture Team do?
The Capture team owns the foundational component of the Alation product integrating with a multitude of technologies and tools in HDFS, BI, Data Lake, Warehousing, and Databases to bring in metadata and insights through our pipelines to power our industry-leading Data Cataloging solution. As a member of the Capture team, you will drive and own multiple product initiatives from inception through delivery. You will own the decisions on prioritization and technical tradeoffs.
As part of Team Capture, you will…
- Design and own new user experiences that enable customers to gain insights
- Work with our amazing product and design team to build a core product experience Build the next generation of frameworks and solutions that simplify the complexity and enable the next level of scale
- Design both internal and customer-facing APIs that are fast and flexible
- Make smart scoping and priority decisions to ship fast, impactful code
You may be a perfect fit if you...
- Have a CS degree and 8+ years of experience working as a software engineer
- Have 3+ years of experience designing, developing, and shipping software products and services with a distributed backend
- Have a good command of architectural conventions such as RESTful API design, concepts of algorithmic complexity
- Have experience working with data at scale and exposure to building frameworks to solve integration problems is desired.
- Have strong software design and architecture skills with an eye toward avoiding and reducing technical debt
- Have hands-on experience independently building and shipping features
- Have worked with Relational Databases - Postgres is a plus!
- Demonstrate clear leadership and communication skills
- Are collaborative and measure your success through impact
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
Back to top