Senior Software Engineer
- Chennai, India
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market, leading the evolution of data management from simply managing data to driving data culture. Alation customers leverage the data catalog as a platform to drive data search & discovery, data governance, data stewardship, analytics, and cloud migration. With its powerful behavioral and linguistic intelligence technologies, collaboration capabilities, and open interfaces, Alation provides a platform for a broad range of metadata management applications by combining machine learning with human insight to tackle the most demanding challenges in data management. More than 170 organizations are driving their data cultures and improving their organizations’ decision-making with Alation, including Daimler, Exelon, Munich Re, Pfizer, and Salesforce.com. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation is funded by Costanoa Ventures, Data Collective Venture Capital, Icon Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, and Salesforce Ventures. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
Alation is seeking a talented and highly Technical Senior Software Engineer to join our fast growing team in Chennai, India. The ideal candidate will communicate fearlessly to build trust. We need leaders who take active roles in shaping the future of engineering while embodying our core values.
What does Enterprise Readiness team do?
Enterprise Readiness(ER) team is an integral part of the Alation Engineering team as it is responsible for the delivery of a packaged product for our customers. ER team enables our customer to configure a highly available instance with seamless backup, restore, monitoring including ownership of a portal for install distribution. Alation’s Enterprise Readiness team also helps our customers with license and permission enforcement along with encryption services.
As part of the Enterprise Readiness team, you will:
- Build enhance and maintain our customer portal web application with React and Django Python
- Build end to end solutions including infrastructure and environment
- Support new initiatives to improve instance tracking for Alation
- Collaborate with our product design team to provide the highest quality user experience
- Make smart scoping and priority decisions to ship fast, impactful code
- Work directly with users to integrate feedback into designs and priorities
You may be a perfect fit if you:
- Have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive back end coding experience Have strong experience with Java or Python
- Software engineer with 6+ years of experience designing, developing, and shipping software products and services with a distributed backend
- Experience building web applications with scalable web architecture
- Owning end to end solutions including Infrastructure and environment
- Some knowledge of developing automation for AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with AWS products Like EC2, RDS, etc is a plus.
- Understand how to translate business requirements and “user needs” into code
- Are adaptable and prepared for a fast-paced, evolving, growing, and dynamic environment
- Have strong Git skills while working with an Agile team
- Are able to identify solutions that improve the quality of service and reduce operational and support burden
- You have a passion for elegance and simplicity.
- You take pride in designing solutions that will outlive the problem.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
Back to top