Senior PS Consultant (remote)
- Redwood City, CA
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market and today is leading its evolution into a platform for a broad range of data intelligence solutions including data search & discovery, data governance, and digital transformation. Nearly 200 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
A Senior Consultant is the most experienced member of the Alation Professional Services team who possesses deep data management expertise and an outstanding record of program delivery success. As the leading authority on Alation’s technology they are primarily responsible for advising key client sponsors, planning and leading multi-phase implementation programs to drive usage, adoption and value. This is a remote role supporting the western region.
- Participate in account knowledge transfer sessions with Alation pre-sales.
- Lead pre-engagement meetings with customers.
- Lead the customer through on-premise and cloud based product installation procedures.
- Lead the customer through single sign-on, authentication configuration to LDAP or ActiveConfigure out-of-box database, file system and Business Intelligence tool connectors.
- Create custom database, file system and BI tool connectors/feeds using scripts and the Alation REST API.
- Populate the loading of metadata from databases, file systems and BI tools.
- Define and populate Classifications, Taxonomies, Glossaries, Articles and Lineage.
- Deliver customer training.
- Create functional requirements and technical specifications for Solution Engineers.
- Define coding standards and practices to be used by Solution Engineers.
- Provide oversight of Solutions Engineers who are creating custom integrations for the ingestion of metadata.
- Provide project status reports and briefings.
- Participate in creating statements of work (SOW).Assist Customer Success Management as required.
- Provide input on new features to Product Management.
- Identifying opportunities for account expansion.
- Document lessons learned, tips/tricks and contribute knowledge base articles.
- Participate in customer community forums.
- Energized and excited about being in a high growth, startup environment
- Passionate about continuously innovating and improving.
- Comfortable working in a non-traditional office environment using virtual teaming and working remotely.
- Passionate about ensuring customers get maximum value out of their investment.
- Willing to travel 30-70%.
- Minimum 5+ years of consulting experience in a lead role.
- Data management experience with data quality, master data management, reference data, profiling or data governance.
- Linux admin level skills.
- Experience with multiple databases and excellent SQL skills.
- Experience with single sign-on, authentication configuration with LDAP and Active Directory.
- Python or Java experience using REST APIs.
- Experience with Hadoop distributions (Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR) and with AWS or Azure.
- Experience with Alation of other metadata tools.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools.
- Experience delivering services as part of a software company.
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
For information about company benefits, please visit https://www.ibenefitsapp.com/alation2020. Password is Alation20.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
Back to top