Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
More than 250 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation, including AbbVie, American Family Insurance, Cisco, Exelon, Finnair, Munich Re, New Balance, Pfizer, Scandinavian Airlines, and US Foods. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list and is backed by leading venture capitalists including Blackstone, Costanoa, Data Collective, Dell Technologies, Icon, ISAI Cap, Riverwood, Salesforce, Sanabil, Sapphire and Snowflake Ventures.
With more than $217M in funding - valued at $1.2 billion, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Our exceptional Glassdoor ratings reflect a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation’s Professional Services team implements Alation for key customers -- delivering immediate value and broad adoption with an unparalleled customer experience. We’re looking for someone excited to work with Alation’s industry-leading technology to truly drive data culture at forward-thinking enterprises. The right candidate loves engaging with customers, building trusted relationships, and ensuring a high-quality, timely implementation.
A Senior Consultant is the most experienced member of the Alation Professional Services team who possesses deep data management expertise and an outstanding record of program delivery success. As the leading authority on Alation’s technology, they are primarily responsible for advising key client sponsors, planning, and leading multi-phase implementation programs to drive usage, adoption, and value.
- Participate in account knowledge transfer sessions with Alation pre-sales.
- Lead pre-engagement meetings with customers.
- Lead the customer through on-premise and cloud-based product installation procedures.
- Lead the customer through single sign-on, authentication configuration to LDAP or ActiveConfigure out-of-box database, file system, and Business Intelligence tool connectors.
- Create custom database, file system, and BI tool connectors/feeds using scripts and the Alation REST API.
- Populate the loading of metadata from databases, file systems, and BI tools.
- Define and populate Classifications, Taxonomies, Glossaries, Articles, and Lineage.
- Deliver customer training.
- Create functional requirements and technical specifications for Solution Engineers.
- Define coding standards and practices to be used by Solution Engineers.
- Provide oversight of Solutions Engineers who are creating custom integrations for the ingestion of metadata.
- Provide project status reports and briefings.
- Participate in creating statements of work (SOW). Assist Customer Success Management as required.
- Provide input on new features to Product Management.
- Identifying opportunities for account expansion.
- Document lessons learned, tips/tricks, and contribute knowledge base articles.
- Participate in customer community forums.
- Energized and excited about being in a high growth, startup environment
- Passionate about continuously innovating and improving.
- Comfortable working in a non-traditional office environment using virtual teaming and working remotely.
- Passionate about ensuring customers get maximum value out of their investment.
- Willing to travel up to 30%.
- Minimum 5+ years of consulting experience in a lead role.
- Data management experience with data quality, master data management, reference data, profiling or data governance.
- Linux admin level skills.
- Experience with multiple databases and excellent SQL skills.
- Experience with single sign-on, authentication configuration with LDAP and Active Directory.
- Python or Java experience using REST APIs.
- Experience with Hadoop distributions (Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR) and with AWS or Azure.
- Experience with Alation of other metadata tools.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools.
- Experience delivering services as part of a software company.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!