Senior Product Manager (Technical)
- Chennai, India
Responsibilities: you will…
- Build relationships, synthesize input, and communicate roadmaps across many stakeholders including customers, professional services, sales, customer success, engineering, and design
- Perform market analysis in order to define strategic priorities for your product areas
- Be data driven, creating and monitoring product and customer value metrics to make objective prioritization decisions
- Build and maintain an effective and groomed backlog providing clear requirements for new initiatives and enhancements
- Take on additional projects beyond your core product, enhancing the Alation product portfolio and helping to build a high performance product team
Requirements: to do so, you’ll leverage…
- 4+ years of hands-on product management experience - in a fast-paced agile development environment
- Self-starter with strong creative problem solving, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Have delivered user experiences that are empowering, delightful and well-designed
- Domain experience in scalable enterprise software architectures, including monitoring, security, database systems, and/or containerization.
- Skilled in discussing technical details with engineers & product design while also clearly communicating with leadership, sales marketing, and customers
You’ll be a great fit if…
- You're passionate about making the world a more curious and rationale place, by creating products that help people explore data, ask questions and get reliable answers
- You're humble and thoughtful, but a vocal advocate for our users and customers able to fight for the course of action that the data and our values show is right
- Knowledge of kubernetes
- Experience developing customer-facing reports and visualizations
- Experience writing SQL queries and understanding schemas.
- Knowledge of compliance regulations including PCI DSS, HIPAA, GDPR
Here are some examples of product areas and projects you may be covering:
- Monitoring and logging - How do we make logs and events available centrally to our customer’s IT team even as we move to a distributed, containerized architecture? Which kinds of events should we monitor?
- How do we improve our managed high availability (HA) solution for our software stack and database? Do containers and kubernetes make this easier?
- Customer Portal - How should we do license key management. Build or buy?
- Backup/Restore - Should we improve our current solution or bundle a commercial solution?
- Security - Authentication - can we use Oauth2 to eliminate the need to store passwords? Is it becoming a widely accepted standard in the market?
- What product usage visualizations should be build for our customers?
Back to top