Senior FP&A Business Leader - (Field Organizations)
- Redwood City, CA
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market and today is leading its evolution into a platform for a broad range of data intelligence solutions including data search & discovery, data governance, and digital transformation. Nearly 200 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
The Finance organization is seeking a Sr. Manager of FP&A Business Partner for the sales and go-to-market organizations to join our team based out of Redwood City, CA. Reporting to the Head of FP&A, the ideal candidate will provide hands-on collaborative support for our company. This seasoned enterprise software veteran will be both a strong manager, team leader, and be responsible for all areas relating to financial planning and analysis.
- Becomes a trusted partner and advisor to functional leaders and executives from the Sales, Business Development and Marketing Teams
- Learns the business end-to-end and translates into annual and multi-year models.
- Performs FP&A responsibilities, including bottom-up data gathering from the sales and go-to-market teams and various departments, to lead strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting activities.
- Owns and manages the financials of each department with high predictability, considering all operational aspects and their impacts on company financials
- Prepares and distributes monthly and quarterly financial reports with operating results (company-wide and departmental level) and provides quantitative and qualitative analysis of key variance and trends.
- Provides analytical support for specific strategic initiatives
- Develops and evolves key performance metrics and analysis to help optimize productivity and influence executive decision-making
- Partners with the company's accounting team for month-end and quarter-end close reporting, driving internal processes to maintain and improve predictability of financial results
- Partners with both sales and finance in creating and managing short and long term KPIs, forecasts, and business / Go To Market model
- Distills complex financial analysis to internal and external stakeholders including business partners, senior management, board of directors, prospective investors
- Supports the administration of the global sales compensation plan in our commission system, including individual plan and hierarchy set-up, adjustments, data validation, applying payments, preparing and tracking accepted individual sales compensation plan
- Identifies and leads cross-functional initiatives to improve process, systems and automation to help the business scale
- Mentors and develops other team members
- Works on special projects/duties as requested by the Head of FP&A
- Bachelor's degree in or finance, accounting, or business required (MBA or CPA a plus)
- 7-10+ years of finance experience with increasing level of responsibility, including minimum of 3 years’ experience managing/directing a financial planning and analysis (FP&A) team and 3 years’ experience in building and maintaining organization-wide budgets and forecasts for sales and go-to-market organizations.
- Mix of public, but start-up experience strongly preferred
- Has previous FP&A experience supporting and understanding the Sales, Business Development and Marketing organizations.
- Proficient in the use of technology with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors. Advanced knowledge of budget analytical software tools (e.g., Planful, Adaptive, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and project management skills with ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Ability to provide meaningful and insightful commentary on financial results to management, investors and other constituents on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Has the ability to manage high level executives and cross collaboration amongst operations team
- Has working knowledge of Host Analytics / Planful and SaaSOptics platform experience is preferred.
- Expert level proficiency with Microsoft Excel/G Sheets and its modeling features
- Proficiency with other Microsoft Office Suite products and database programs
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
For information about company benefits, please visit www.ibenefitsapp.com/alation-2021. Password is Alation21.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
Back to top