- Bangalore, India
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer, PepsiCo, and Munich Re empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions and products (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer, or a wind farm offering a guaranteed ROI with Munich Re). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $217M in funding - valued at $1.2 billion and 200+ customers with household names, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Our exceptional Glassdoor ratings reflect a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation is seeking a talented and experienced engineer to join our QA team in Chennai, India. Selected candidate will be part of the mission critical Customer Growth Engineering team that works on critical customer issues and on sales/revenue blockers. This is a highly visible team, up to the level of the CEO, and you will be working with multiple stakeholders from different teams such as Product Management, Sales Engineering, Release Engineering, Technical Support, and Customer Success.
Roles & Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for designing and implementing functional and end-to-end tests, and will work at UI, API and database levels
- Use your full breadth of experience as a QA Automation Engineer to test functionality, to write thoughtful manual and automated test cases, and use your programming skills to implement automation.
- Use your knowledge of databases, SQL and Linux to analyze and understand production environment, to reproduce difficult and complex customer issues in our labs, do root cause analysis, verify fixes, build test automation, and track them to closure
- Prepare a comprehensive plan/strategy to increase test coverage by automating production issues.
- Gain understanding of the product ecosystem and integration of the product with external systems. Use this knowledge to improve product quality and to increase test coverage through automation
- Continuously think about ways to develop maintainable and scalable test automation systems
- Drive continuous improvement of the software development and testing process
- Influence stakeholders across time zones and geographies to continuously raise the bar on quality, timeliness and innovation.
- You will be an expert in all areas of the product and will work with both internal and external teams to understand and reproduce Customer Issues and configurations in our Lab.
Qualification & Skills
- Depth of knowledge in computer science (e.g., a CS degree or extensive experience)
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant industry experience
- Working experience with at least one relational database like postgres or mysql
- Expertise in an assortment of test automation and scripting tools like Selenium, Python
- Experience in developing automated scripts to test application functionality on different browsers
- Working experience in Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of CI and Jenkins
- Strong experience in testing Enterprise products
- Good written communication skills
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
Back to top