- Bengaluru, India
Alation is seeking a talented and experienced engineer to join our QA team in Chennai, India. Selected candidate will be part of the mission critical Customer Growth Engineering team that works on critical customer issues and on sales/revenue blockers. This is a highly visible team, up to the level of the CEO, and you will be working with multiple stakeholders from different teams such as Product Management, Sales Engineering, Release Engineering, Technical Support, and Customer Success.
Roles & Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for designing and implementing functional and end-to-end tests, and will work at UI, API and database levels
- Use your full breadth of experience as a QA Automation Engineer to test functionality, to write thoughtful manual and automated test cases, and use your programming skills to implement automation.
- Use your knowledge of databases, SQL and Linux to analyze and understand production environment, to reproduce difficult and complex customer issues in our labs, do root cause analysis, verify fixes, build test automation, and track them to closure
- Prepare a comprehensive plan/strategy to increase test coverage by automating production issues.
- Gain understanding of the product ecosystem and integration of the product with external systems. Use this knowledge to improve product quality and to increase test coverage through automation
- Continuously think about ways to develop maintainable and scalable test automation systems
- Drive continuous improvement of the software development and testing process
- Influence stakeholders across time zones and geographies to continuously raise the bar on quality, timeliness and innovation.
- You will be an expert in all areas of the product and will work with both internal and external teams to understand and reproduce Customer Issues and configurations in our Lab.
Qualification & Skills
- Depth of knowledge in computer science (e.g., a CS degree or extensive experience)
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant industry experience
- Working experience with at least one relational database like postgres or mysql
- Expertise in an assortment of test automation and scripting tools like Selenium, Python
- Experience in developing automated scripts to test application functionality on different browsers
- Working experience in Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of CI and Jenkins
- Strong experience in testing Enterprise products
- Good written communication skills
Back to top