Sales Engineer - London
- Munich, Germany
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer, PepsiCo, and Munich Re empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions and products (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer, or a wind farm offering a guaranteed ROI with Munich Re). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $82M in funding, and 200+ customers with household names, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as opportunity. Our exceptional Glassdoor ratings reflect a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation is looking for an experienced Sales Engineer. Alation’s Sales Engineers are the primary technical resource for Alation’s field salesforce. They are responsible for analyzing our prospects’ business and technical requirements and actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate. Alation’s Sales Engineers establish and maintain strong relationships with the client throughout the sales cycle.
At the start of a product pilot or purchase, the Sales Engineer works closely with the customer to identify their technical needs and develop services, and support to enable effective and productive use of the product. Sales Engineers require project management skills to plan and execute product installation and configuration. They may also train end users on the product and monitor the ongoing progress of product configuration to ensure success.
By monitoring product performance and associated support needs, Sales Engineers identify opportunities to further develop and enhance Alation in order to meet customers’ needs more effectively. They provide reports on product performance to the development team and advise customers on upgrades and usage for additional use cases.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and deliver product demonstrations
- Evangelize the Alation Data Catalog for complex/expansion opportunities including demonstrating its potential for solutions covering the bigger ecosystem of data management, data governance, etc.
- Identify technical risks which may derail a sale
- Provide solutions and convey value to the customers
- Attend conferences, seminars and events related to the industryRespond to RFIs, RFPs and RFQs
- Share product feedback and enhancements to Product and Engineering Team
- Collaborate with team on learnings and good practices
- Lead, own, and execute pilots and workshops with prospects
- Able to travel throughout sales territory
What You Need:
- Ideal candidates must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software sales and knowledge of technology (analytics).
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and meetings.
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Must be prepared for extensive travel.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
Back to top