Sales Engineer - Data Governance
- Flexible / Remote
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market and today is leading its evolution into a platform for a broad range of data intelligence solutions including data search & discovery, data governance, and digital transformation. Nearly 230 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
This is the right time and the right place for a high-energy, driven and goal oriented Sales professional with knowledge of data integration technology, Governance, Risk and Compliance solutions. Many organizations are looking to Alation to help deliver value from their most valuable asset; their data. With our governance and compliance solutions we can help organizations discover where their key data assets reside, integrate them, catalogue them and through business user orientated tools manage, govern and secure data. This provides organizations unprecedented access to their valuable data assets but most importantly ensures they are high quality which results in better decisions. You will be responsible for ensuring the success of our Governance and Compliance solutions at Alation.
We are looking for smart, technical people who understand how Alation can be leveraged to solve our clients’ problems. We expect our Sales Engineers to roll up their sleeves and work with our clients, side-by-side, to tackle problems that, if solved, may generate exponential returns on investment.
At Alation, our Sales Engineers take a consultative approach to selling and managing pre-sales engagements-- and continually look for ways to improve solutions for our customers. You are adept at finding the right person(s) and asking the appropriate questions to uncover client challenges and pain. You are an exceptional communicator with excellent presentation skills to consistently influence and build trust with clients and prospects. You are a team player and use diplomacy when working with Alation teams and our partners. You are skilled at managing complex sales-cycles, presenting to executive decision makers on the value of our platform.
- Key focus is to own the number and drive bookings.
- Develop and manage relationships with both our customer base, qualified prospects as well as with our key partners.
- Focus on partnering with the broader field leadership team in order to make sure your plan is in alignment with regional focus.
- Track your progress and forecast your team activity and revenue achievement in Salesforce.com.
- 5+ years of proven team leadership, demonstrating that individuals in the team were successful as well as achieving the team goal
- 8+ years of quota carrying software (Governance, risk, compliance or security experience preferred) or technology sales and account management experience
- Deep knowledge of the Governance Market
- Have Enterprise Data Experience
- Consistent track record of achievement in both account manager and sales leadership roles.
- Experience working with large multinational accounts
- Experience working in a matrix organization with other teams and account managers
- Previous Sales Methodology training, and strong references preferred
- Strong analytic skills leveraging data to drive insight into the team and making decisions accordingly which affect future success.
- Ideally experienced working at a start-up environment but not necessary
- Experience working as a partner with Marketing and Product.
- Strong software skills, including Salesforce.com, Google applications, Excel, Word.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
For information about company benefits, please visit www.ibenefitsapp.com/alation-2021. Password is Alation21.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
Back to top