Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
More than 250 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation, including AbbVie, American Family Insurance, Cisco, Exelon, Finnair, Munich Re, New Balance, Pfizer, Scandinavian Airlines, and US Foods. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list and is backed by leading venture capitalists including Blackstone, Costanoa, Data Collective, Dell Technologies, Icon, ISAI Cap, Riverwood, Salesforce, Sanabil, Sapphire and Snowflake Ventures.
With more than $217M in funding - valued at $1.2 billion, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Our exceptional Glassdoor ratings reflect a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation is looking for energetic and motivated people to join our Sales Development team. If you’re an upbeat personality and enjoy being on the front lines of a fast moving start-up we want to talk to you. SDRs are at the core of our marketing and sales strategies, helping us drive our growth. You’ll be learning integral skills that will foster your professional development in years to come. Your contributions and growth will help fuel our mutual success.
This is an exciting opportunity for a college graduate with 1-2 yrs SDR/BDR or inside sales experience to join a PRE-IPO, Silicon Valley Data Catalog startup, based out of Redwood City, CA. This role will be based out of Salt Lake City, UT.
What You'll Do:
- Qualify inbound leads and generate meetings for Sales Leaders
- Define a outbound strategy by researching Fortune companies to identify current and future Data Catalog trends/initiatives
- Effectively communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization, discussing the value of Alation to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Working with both field sales and marketing to convert leads into qualified meetings
- Creating and executing creative sales/marketing campaigns
- LinkedIn – social selling and lead gen activity
- Salesforce – manage, organize and update contacts database
- Outreach - experience with Outreach’s engagement platform would be beneficial
- Consistently work to deadlines and targets
What You Need:
- Articulate with strong business acumen
- Professional, creative and a dynamic presence
- Demonstrated high degree of success at university and/or enterprise inside sales
- The ability to work independently in an environment that changes rapidly (we are a startup).
- Must have strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Having a data analysis background is highly favored
- A positive attitude and a desire to build a world-class company, as well as willingness to work closely with other functions within Alation to achieve that
- A strong focus on customer success
- Strong time management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!