PS Senior Consultant - East
- United States
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market, leading the evolution of data management from simply managing data to driving data culture. Alation customers leverage the data catalog as a platform to drive data search & discovery, data governance, data stewardship, analytics, and cloud migration. With its powerful behavioral and linguistic intelligence technologies, collaboration capabilities, and open interfaces, Alation provides a platform for a broad range of metadata management applications by combining machine learning with human insight to tackle the most demanding challenges in data management. More than 170 organizations are driving their data cultures and improving their organizations’ decision-making with Alation, including Daimler, Exelon, Munich Re, Pfizer, and Salesforce.com. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation is funded by Costanoa Ventures, Data Collective Venture Capital, Icon Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, and Salesforce Ventures. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
A Senior Consultant is the most experienced member of the Alation Professional Services team who possesses deep data management expertise and an outstanding record of program delivery success. As the leading authority on Alation’s technology they are primarily responsible for advising key client sponsors, planning and leading multi-phase implementation programs to drive usage, adoption and value.
- Energized and excited about being in a high growth, startup environment.
- Passionate about continuously innovating and improving.
- Comfortable working in a non-traditional office environment using virtual teaming and working remotely.
- Comfortable working independently and with minimal supervision.
- Passionate about ensuring customers get maximum value out of their investment.
- Willing to travel 30-70%.
- Minimum 10+ years of data management consulting experience.
- Minimum of 3 years program management leadership responsibility for large teams delivering to Fortune 2000 customers.
- Solution Architecture experience in data governance, master data management, reference data, data quality or data warehousing programs.
- Experience with data catalog implementations preferred.
- Experience scoping, writing and negotiating SOWs.
- Methodology development experience and demonstrated thought leadership (articles, whitepapers, blogs).
- Experience with one or more Hadoop distributions.
- Metadata management experience.
- Business Intelligence experience.
- Experience delivering services as part of a software company.
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
For information about company benefits, please visit https://www.ibenefitsapp.com/alation2020. Password is Alation20.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
Back to top