Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of our customers, “Alation is our one-stop-shop for our data and analytics. It’s bringing people together to collaborate and solve our business problems.”
More than 400 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation, including AbbVie, Allianz Global Investors, American Family Insurance, Autozone, Cisco, Draft Kings, Exelon, Fifth Third Bank, Finnair, General Mills, Munich Re, NASDAQ, Parexel, Pfizer, Salesforce, Virgin Australia, and Vistaprint.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation is a 3X winner of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces and is backed by leading venture capitalists including Blackstone, Costanoa, Data Collective, Dell Technologies, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Icon, ISAI Cap, Riverwood, Salesforce, Sanabil, Sapphire, and Snowflake Ventures. For more information, visit alation.com.
With more than $217M in funding - valued at $1.2 billion, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Our exceptional Glassdoor ratings reflect a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth and recognizes your unique value?
As a full-time Finance (FP&A) Analyst, you will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of our financial statements. This includes completeness of expenses, tracking headcount, and being the final approval of licenses to customers. This role will assist in both actual and forecasting activities to provide clear guidance to Senior Management on expense performance. This role will be a part of a fast growing Finance team and will reporting to a Director of FP&A located in the United States. The ideal candidate is a well-rounded and resourceful top performer who understands how to drive initiatives across the finish line in a timely and professional manner in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
What You'll Be Doing
- Assist with month-end close activities to ensure completeness of expenses through engagement with Business Owners/Finance/Accounting.
- Compile and analyze financial reports and find discrepancies that require management’s attention.
- Actualize financial model/adjust forecast where necessary through Adaptive Planning and financial models.
- Partnering with Accounting to drive improvement in financial/operational processes.
- Implement new processes and procedures leveraging current tools to increase productivity and accuracy.
- Assist with strengthening internal controls.
- Assist building financial models that support operation growth and highlight key financial metrics.
- Assist in ad-hoc analysis and presentation for management.
Who You Are
- 3-5 years of related work experience in SaaS environment.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Strong business acumen and understanding for the foundations of accounting.
- Financial reporting and modeling experience.
- Highly proficient in Excel/Gsheets spreadsheet tools (including pivot tables and V-lookups functions)
- Ability to quickly learn new systems including financial software applications (experience with NetSuite is a plus).
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks in parallel.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!