Director, Product Management
- Chennai, India
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market and today is leading its evolution into a platform for a broad range of data intelligence solutions including data search & discovery, data governance, and digital transformation. Nearly 200 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
Alation is seeking a Director of Product Management to join the team in Chennai, India. We’re looking for a world-class Product Leader who shares our vision for a more curious and rational world and can evangelize our vision internally and externally. As a Director of Product Management at Alation you will be working to unlock the value of the data: help people to find, understand, and trust data that they already have. The ideal candidate will work on defining the strategic vision of the product, building and managing a team of PMs, and executing against the product roadmap.
- Crisply articulate strategic direction and the product roadmap across many stakeholders including external customers, sales, customer success, engineering, design, etc.
- Perform market analysis in order to define strategic priorities for your product
- Be data-driven, creating and monitoring product and customer value metrics to make objective prioritization decisions
- Build and maintain an effective and groomed backlog providing clear requirements for new initiatives and enhancements
- Take on additional projects beyond your core product, enhancing the Alation product portfolio and helping to build a high-performing product team
- Mentor PM talent and scale a team over time
- 10+ years of hands-on product management experience - both outbound and inbound - in a fast-paced agile development environment
- 5+ years of management experience leading a group of PMs
- Self-starter with strong creative problem solving, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Have delivered user experiences that are empowering, delightful and well-designed
- Released analytics/business intelligence products to external customers in various business sectors
- Domain experience in analytics, including business intelligence and/or database systems
- Skilled in discussing technical details with engineers & product design while also clearly communicating at a high level with leadership, sales marketing, and customers
You'll be a great fit if...
- You're passionate about making the world a more curious and rational place by creating products that help people explore data, ask questions and get reliable answers
- You're humble and thoughtful, but a vocal advocate for our users and customers able to fight for the course of action that the data and our values show is right
- You can just as easily argue for a product investment with an engineer as you could argue against an investment with a salesperson
- You have experience with SQL queries and principles of schema design
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
Back to top