Director, Product Management
- Bangalore, India
Alation is seeking a Director of Product Management to join the team in Chennai, India. We’re looking for a world-class Product Leader who shares our vision for a more curious and rational world and can evangelize our vision internally and externally. As a Director of Product Management at Alation you will be working to unlock the value of the data: help people to find, understand, and trust data that they already have. The ideal candidate will work on defining the strategic vision of the product, building and managing a team of PMs, and executing against the product roadmap.
- Crisply articulate strategic direction and the product roadmap across many stakeholders including external customers, sales, customer success, engineering, design, etc.
- Perform market analysis in order to define strategic priorities for your product
- Be data-driven, creating and monitoring product and customer value metrics to make objective prioritization decisions
- Build and maintain an effective and groomed backlog providing clear requirements for new initiatives and enhancements
- Take on additional projects beyond your core product, enhancing the Alation product portfolio and helping to build a high-performing product team
- Mentor PM talent and scale a team over time
- 10+ years of hands-on product management experience - both outbound and inbound - in a fast-paced agile development environment
- 5+ years of management experience leading a group of PMs
- Self-starter with strong creative problem solving, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Have delivered user experiences that are empowering, delightful and well-designed
- Released analytics/business intelligence products to external customers in various business sectors
- Domain experience in analytics, including business intelligence and/or database systems
- Skilled in discussing technical details with engineers & product design while also clearly communicating at a high level with leadership, sales marketing, and customers
You'll be a great fit if...
- You're passionate about making the world a more curious and rational place by creating products that help people explore data, ask questions and get reliable answers
- You're humble and thoughtful, but a vocal advocate for our users and customers able to fight for the course of action that the data and our values show is right
- You can just as easily argue for a product investment with an engineer as you could argue against an investment with a salesperson
- You have experience with SQL queries and principles of schema design
Back to top