Data Governance and Compliance Principal Consultant
- Flexible / Remote
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market and today is leading its evolution into a platform for a broad range of data intelligence solutions including data search & discovery, data governance, and digital transformation. Nearly 200 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
We are seeking a Principal Consultant with extensive data governance delivery experience to lead advisory and implementation engagements for Alation Professional Services.
The Principal Consultant will use their data governance implementation expertise to advise customers on their governance strategy, roles, processes and phased approach implementation across the enterprise. In addition, the Principal Consultant will lead the governance implementation by applying best practice to recommend catalog configuration, customizations and uses that fit with the unique characteristics of each customer’s culture and organizational structure.
- Assist sales with opportunity support by presenting Professional Service’s data governance point-of-view, implementation approach, and driving requirement discovery
- Create custom statements of work for data governance implementations
- Lead advisory meetings and workshops with data governance leaders
- Lead governance implementations from installation through business go-live including catalog design, roles & responsibilities, process implementation, and monitoring & reporting
- Provide input to Alation Product Management recommending product enhancements and capabilities
- Lead internal data governance implementation enablement
- Assist the Business Development team by presenting our implementation point-of-view to partners
- 15+ years of experience in data management consulting and delivery
- 5+ years of experience leading data governance implementations for Fortune 500 organizations
- Deep expertise in data integration, metadata management, data quality, and data profiling technologies, processes, and methods
- Experience defining and implementing a multi-tiered data governance organization structure
- Experience defining business and technical stewardship roles and responsibilities
- Experience writing governance policies, procedures and standards
- Experience implementing regulatory compliance related data governance focused on data privacy (CCPA, GDPR) and banking (SOX, BCBS 239)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
For information about company benefits, please visit https://www.ibenefitsapp.com/alation2020. Password is Alation20.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
Back to top