Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
More than 250 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation, including AbbVie, American Family Insurance, Cisco, Exelon, Finnair, Munich Re, New Balance, Pfizer, Scandinavian Airlines, and US Foods. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list and is backed by leading venture capitalists including Blackstone, Costanoa, Data Collective, Dell Technologies, Icon, ISAI Cap, Riverwood, Salesforce, Sanabil, Sapphire and Snowflake Ventures.
With more than $217M in funding - valued at $1.2 billion, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Our exceptional Glassdoor ratings reflect a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation is looking for a Customer Success Manager (CSM) to join our West Region team that enjoys working directly with customers to drive engagement and adoption. He/she will own the engagement, retention, and growth of your customers. We’re looking for someone excited to work with our enterprise customers to adopt and deeply leverage our product. The right candidate will have experience engaging with customers, building trusted relationships, developing engagement strategies.
The CSM will own the relationship with multiple Alation customers, starting post-sale. The CSM will work collaboratively with the client to develop an engagement strategy and work proactively and independently to ensure all goals and milestones are achieved. The CSM will be responsible for understanding the voice of the customer and reverberating it throughout all of Alation. This is a remote role reporting to the CSM Director of the western region.
What You'll Do:
- Develop strategic deployment plans for your portfolio of customers
- Own the engagement and adoption strategy at all stages of the customer life-cycle
- Proactively manage the day to day account health of those customers, including monitoring usage, regular cadence calls, and Customer Business Reviews
- Onboard new customers, community and support processes
- Serve as a trusted advisor to customers by providing expert guidance and best practices to address their business goals, needs, and pain points
- Identify renewal risk and collaborate with internal teams to remediate and ensure a successful renewal
- Partner closely with sales to manage account strategy and ensure customer growth and retention
- Be the voice of the customer as you partner with support, engineering, marketing, product, and sales to shape product development and deliver a best-in-class customer experience
- Work with the field team to properly sell and position Professional Services Offerings
What You Need:
- 5+ years experience in account management, Customer Success or SaaS sales
- Customer success or account management experience in one of these markets: Big Data, Hadoop, databases, data analytics, business intelligence, application middleware, data management or distributed systems
- Knowledge and understanding of data technologies with prior experience is a must have in a prior role at a SaaS company within the data space
- Exceptional written and verbal communication with experience presenting ideas and information
- Ability to build relationships and trust with those around you
- Proactive and positive. A team player who is willing to jump in to a fast-paced startup and work to improve processes around you
- Have the ability to go between collaborative, team-based work and independent, self-driven projects
- Possess the desire to be a steward of information and knowledge. Have a consulting mindset and ability to understand client’s business goals
- Ability to travel (post Covid-19) up to 35% across the region to visit customers
- Sales experience growing accounts
- Ability to mitigate risk
- Absolutely needs to have experience as a customer success manager, NOT just sales or account manager
- Possess a "customer satisfaction-focused" mindset
- Proven experience retaining and expanding into customer accounts
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!