Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer, PepsiCo, and Munich Re empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions and products (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer, or a wind farm offering a guaranteed ROI with Munich Re). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $217M in funding - valued at $1.2 billion and 300+ customers with household names, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Our exceptional Glassdoor ratings reflect a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation is looking for a Customer Success Manager (CSM) to join our EMEA Region team that enjoys working directly with customers to drive renewals and customer outcomes. He/she will be responsible for ensuring that the customer is able to achieve the business case that justified purchasing Alation’s software and that customers realize value from using Alation. We’re looking for someone excited to work with our enterprise customers to adopt and deeply leverage our product in service of their business goals. The right candidate will have experience understanding customers business goals, developing, modifying and implementing a rollout plan for both technical and user rollout / adoption, detecting and addressing bottlenecks in customer achieving value. They will be drivers and problem solvers that have a clear sense of empathy for what our customers are trying to accomplish. This empathy will come from domain expertise in the data management or the BI / Analytics spaces as well as an understanding of customer problems.
An Alation CSM will own the relationship with multiple Alation customers, starting post-sale. They will work collaboratively with the client to develop an engagement strategy and work proactively and independently to ensure all goals and milestones are achieved. The CSM will be responsible for understanding the voice of the customer and reverberating it throughout all of Alation.
What you'll do:
- Serve as a trusted advisor to customers by providing expert guidance and best practices to address their business goals, needs, and pain points
- Develop strategic deployment plans for your portfolio of customers
- Own the engagement and adoption strategy at all stages of the customer life-cycle
- Proactively manage the day to day account health of those customers, including monitoring usage, regular cadence calls, and Customer Business Reviews
- Onboard new customers to Alation's supporting resources including, University, Community and Technical Support
- Identify renewal risk and collaborate with internal teams to remediate and ensure a successful renewal
- Partner closely with sales to manage account strategy and ensure customer growth and retention
- Be the voice of the customer as you partner with support, consulting, engineering, marketing, product management and sales to shape product development and deliver a best-in-class customer experience
- Collaborate heavily with Sales, Sales Operations, and other key stakeholder teams to achieve joint targets
- Work effectively with upper leadership of a customer with addressing issues and identifying opportunities
- Communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Work with the field team to properly sell and position Professional Services Offerings
Who you are:
- Minimum 5 years experience of Customer success, project implementation, or account management experience in one of these markets: Big Data, Hadoop, databases, data analytics, business intelligence, application middleware, data management or distributed systems
- Ability to understand and mitigate risk in global deployments. Proactive, problem solving disposition.
- Clear process orientation.
- Have an outcome oriented mindset and ability to understand client’s business goalsKnowledge of the various working cultures across the region and the ability to work within those willingly.
- Possess a consistent feeling or mindset of paranoia that “whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.”
- Exceptional written and verbal communication with experience presenting ideas and information
- Ability to build relationships and trust with those around you
- Proactive and positive. A team player who is willing to jump in to a fast-paced startup and work to improve processes around you
- Preferably multilingual, or at least bilingual with German spoken and written for business focused conversations
- Ability to travel (post Covid-19) up to 50% across the region to visit customers
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!