- Washington, DC
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market and today is leading its evolution into a platform for a broad range of data intelligence solutions including data search & discovery, data governance, and digital transformation. Nearly 200 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
We are looking for smart people who understand how Alation can be leveraged to solve our clients’ problems. We expect our Account Executives (AEs) to roll up their sleeves and work with our clients, side-by-side, to tackle problems that, if solved, may generate exponential returns on investment. We’re looking for someone who can express passion about the new technologies and possibilities of Big Data and Advanced Analytics. At Alation, we ask our AEs to play the strategic role of drawing critical insights from our client experiences and shaping the best solution. In the process, they bring feedback to our business so we can evolve.
We are seeking an experienced Federal Account Executive with knowledge in data analytics or business intelligence to drive adoption of Alation's data catalog. You will deliver on our strategy to build mind share and adoption of Alation's data catalog in an assigned territory covering Federal agencies. The ideal candidate has both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, and a Federal sales background that enables them to easily interact with Federal agency leadership.
The Federal Account Executive will cover the Federal and Civilian Agencies reporting to the Regional VP.
- Ability to comfortably interact with C-level executives and Federal leadership, demonstrating excellent communication skills, the ability to differentiate and work at strategic and tactical levels simultaneously.
- Open, develop and win new opportunities.
- Develop effective relationships to serve as a trusted advisor with major customers and their agencies to optimize their advertising.
- Develop trusted relationships between people at our clients and Alation.
- Make commitments and deliver. Our customers’ success begins with you.
- Work in collaboration with our partners - grow and improve.
- Negotiate large contracts.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of work experience in Enterprise Sales.
- Data and analytics experience.
- Strong strategic thinker with the ability to think strategically and analyze the needs of clients.
- Excellent business acumen with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to work towards individual or team goals.
- Demonstrated project/stakeholder management/organizational skills.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
- 10+ years of over quota direct sales experience in the Federal IT market.
- Experience with government technology, procurement, and contracting processes.
- Established network within the assigned territory and acquisition space.
- Preferred Active Security Clearance at Top-Secret level or above.
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
For information about company benefits, please visit https://www.ibenefitsapp.com/alation2020. Password is Alation20.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
Back to top