Account Executive - London, UK
- London, United Kingdom
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
More than 250 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation, including AbbVie, American Family Insurance, Cisco, Exelon, Finnair, Munich Re, New Balance, Pfizer, Scandinavian Airlines, and US Foods. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list and is backed by leading venture capitalists including Blackstone, Costanoa, Data Collective, Dell Technologies, Icon, ISAI Cap, Riverwood, Salesforce, Sanabil, Sapphire and Snowflake Ventures.
With more than $217M in funding - valued at $1.2 billion, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as opportunity. Our exceptional Glassdoor ratings reflect a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
We are looking for smart people who understand how Alation can be leveraged to solve our clients’ problems. We expect our Account Executives (AEs) to roll up their sleeves and work with our clients, side-by-side, to tackle problems that, when solved, will generate exponential returns on investment for them. We’re looking for people who can express passion about the new technologies and possibilities of managing huge amounts of data and combining that with Advanced Analytics. At Alation, we ask our AEs to play the strategic role of drawing critical insights from our client experiences and shaping the best solution. In the process, they bring feedback to our business so we can continually evolve.
We are seeking a dynamic and strategic Account Executive with knowledge in data analytics and/or business intelligence to drive the adoption of Alation's Data Catalog product.
This AE role covers Germany, Austria and Switzerland and possibly other territories. It reports into the Regional Vice President of Sales. Ideally based in Munich but other locations considered.
Life at Alation:
- Fast and fulfilling. We get excited about our work and move the ball forward.
- Aggressive yet fair goals. You will feel challenged and rewarded for meeting those challenges head on.
- Constantly improving. We experiment on our ideas and hone them into best practices.
- Working as a team. Marketing and sales are in sync and working towards the same goals.
- People first. Intelligence and humility are prized.
What You'll Do:
- Drive incremental growth across your client portfolio by selling into new and existing accounts. You will have sales development reps, sales engineers and customer success managers to help you establish, develop and maintain your territory.
- Open, develop and win new opportunities within a set of named accounts and from inbound leads.
- Develop effective relationships to serve as a trusted advisor with major customers to help them make the most of their ever-increasing amount of data.
- Develop trusted relationships between people at our clients and Alation.
- Make commitments and deliver. Our customers’ success begins with you.
- Negotiate large contracts. Build critical relationships with the largest companies in your territory.
- Understand the locals. Tailor playbooks for your region.
- Improve LTV/CAC. Look it up, it’s great.
What You Need:
- A strong Sales DNA: exposure to MEDDICC, Force Management, Value Selling are not required but are advantageous.
- An ability to think strategically and analyze the needs of clients through excellent business acumen.
- Proven sustained track record of exceeding individual goals.
- Demonstrated project/stakeholder management/organizational skills.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills in both German and English.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience (e.g., 5 years of work experience in Enterprise Sales in a software company)
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
Back to top