- San Francisco, CA
Our mission is to empower people to create thriving online communities around shared interests, experiences, and passions. A goal like that doesn’t happen without an amazing team. With over 100 wonderful people in three offices across the country, we’re working hard to create the most welcoming online live social space out there, not only in our product but also in our organization.
In this role:
Airtime is building the next generation of live, social platforms. We’re looking for an exceptional researcher to help us develop insights into the digital content and social space, to help create the best product for our users. This is a high-impact, cross-functional role with the ability to influence the direction of the organization.
The researcher sits within the Product and Design Team and reports to the Director of Research. They work closely with team members and stakeholders to support the Design, Marketing, Content, Product and Strategy teams by conducting high-quality research that puts the user at the heart of the decision-making process. As a small, nimble and collaborative team we offer an opportunity to make a real impact - every role matters and everyone’s voice is heard.
You should be comfortable working with ambiguity and at pace as you collaborate to explore research questions that help us make better decisions across the Airtime experience. From paradigm shifts to micro-interactions, we’re looking for someone that can empathize deeply with our users to generate high impact insights that raise the bar of live social platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct high-quality research that supports and evolves our understanding of our users across the organization.
- Design and execute a variety of studies, including usability, in-depth qualitative inquiries, desk research and longitudinal surveys.
- Translate research into applicable, nuanced and high impact recommendations for the organization
- Keep up to do with the market in live streaming, social media and Gen Z trends
- Research administration, coordination & logistic efforts
- Advocate for our users
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Expertise in qualitative, quantitative or mixed methods research methodologies and a keen interest to continue to grow and develop further
- Excellent communication skills - translating complex data into clear, concise, and useful insights.
- A creative thinker - you look for patterns and make connections in the world around you.
- An open, curious mindset and a sense of humility; you can consider the pros, cons and limitations of the research in addressing particular needs and questions
- Good teamwork ability and mindset. Airtime is a supportive, ego-free zone.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problems - you are good at looking at a situation and asking questions about it.
- Familiarity with common research tools (Qualtrics, UserTesting, SurveyMonkey, Nvivo or similar etc.. )
- Bonus points for research experience in digital platforms; social media, Gen Z
This position can be based in San Francisco, Palo Alto or Remote
Back to top