Senior Software Engineer, Media
We’re looking for an exceptional Senior Software Engineer, Media to join us on our journey. If you like working with a high-impact, cross-functional, collaborative team and enjoy autonomy and empowerment… keep reading!Airtime Engineering
We are a diverse team of engineers that work on everything from scaling media servers around the world to building highly performant and complex UI on iOS and Android. We are pushing the limits on real time interactivity. We are looking for engineers who like to work with exceptional people on challenging problems.
This is an opportunity to be part of a team that develops one of the most advanced real-time platforms in the world. As part of the media team at Airtime, you’ll help to build and manage the globally distributed media infrastructure that is the backbone of the Airtime service. You will also have a hand in developing our optimized mobile media stack for iOS and Android.
What You'll Do
- Work on the highly customized media server which is the foundation of the Airtime media platform
- Extend and improve our globally distributed backend infrastructure
- Tune and enhance our custom WebRTC-based media stack on iOS and Android
- Collect and analyze metrics relating to system performance and user behavior
- Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews
- Are team players who enjoy working with a diverse group of smart colleagues
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of industry experience developing complex, high performance C++ applications
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of system programming basics, including low-level networking interfaces, concurrent programming, and distributed systems fundamentals
- Prior work on media-related projects—including those making use of WebRTC—is a plus, but is absolutely not required.
Back to top