Senior Node.js Engineer
Today, online means alone. We're changing that. We are charting the course for the next era of the Internet: live, shared experiences. We're building a new way to use the Internet—together.
That’s why we’re pioneering a new kind of social experience, one designed for togetherness. At its core, Airtime is a social platform for doing whatever together. Gather with your people to explore the Internet: group video, listen to music, chat, watch stuff, send pictures, GIFs, and more.
Our company was founded a few years ago by Sean Parker and Shawn Fanning and is backed by Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Google Ventures, Founders Fund, and a host of other amazing partners.
We believe that software should be built with the end user in mind: It should allow for rapid, data-driven iteration to get features into users hands that will delight them. In order to maintain this goal over the long term we take the time to refactor when needed to avoid technical debt.
We look for candidates who are just as serious as we are about building great software.
We utilize industry best practices such as:
Continuous integration and automated deployments
Automated crash reporting and analysis
Automated scaling and health checks for high availability
Backend test driven development
Deep instrumentation and analytics
- 3+ years professional software engineering experience
- Node.js with ES6 features
- Proficient understanding of Docker
- Proficient understanding of AWS
- Thorough understanding of MongoDB
- Thorough understanding of how to make a secure Web API
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (or foreign equivalent)
Nice to haves
- Be a Node.JS expert
- Experience with socket.io
- Experience using continuous integration with CircleCI or equivalent
- Experience working with a micro service architecture
- Experience building scalable systems
Back to top