Senior iOS Engineer
In a world of constant connection, why are we still lonely?
Social Media should seek to replicate how we interact with each other in real life. That’s why we’re pioneering a new kind of social platform, one designed for true togetherness. Airtime is charting the course for the next era of the Internet: live, shared experiences.
At its core, Airtime is a social platform to gather with your people and explore the Internet together. Gather on group video and hang out with music, videos, photos, TV, movies, and more. It's a portal in your pocket—to your people, to the weird and wonderful world of online.
Our company was founded by Sean Parker and is backed by Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Founders Fund, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, and a host of other incredible partners. We have a world-class team of brainiacs in Palo Alto and Brooklyn who craft the amazing real-time technology Airtime is built on. We're well-funded, running at full sprint, and always looking for extraordinary people who want to help us build a new way to use the Internet—together.
We are a diverse team of engineers that work on everything from scaling media servers around the world to building highly performant and complex UI on iOS and Android. We are pushing the limits on real time interactivity. We are looking for engineers who like to work with exceptional people on challenging problems.
What You’ll Do
- Join a small development team and help build the Airtime iOS app
- Work with product managers, designers, the community team, and QA to come up with the best way to build and iterate on new features, then go build them.
- Push the limits of media and custom UI on iOS.
- Review, contribute, propose, argue, praise, refactor. All part of maintaining and improving a code base that allows for quick experimentation while being stable.
What We’re Looking For
- 5 or more years experience building iOS apps by yourself or as part of a team. The Airtime app is a complex dance of video chat, multimedia, and real time updates so you’ll need some experience under your belt.
- Comfortable in Objective-C, Swift, Instruments, Fastlane, Ruby, and whatever come next.
- Excited by, product exploration. We are continually changing and improving our product to delight users.
- Works well with a team. Not a cowgirl or cowboy. Teams that encourage and foster debate in a healthy way provably deliver the best work.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (or foreign equivalent)
Back to top