Senior Data Scientist
Today, online means alone immersed in microblogs and success theater. We're changing that. We are charting the course for the next era of the Internet: live, shared experiences. We're building a new way to use the Internet together.
That’s why we’re pioneering a new kind of social experience, one designed for togetherness. At its core, Airtime is a social platform for doing whatever together. Gather with your people to explore the Internet: group video, listen to music, chat, watch stuff, send pictures, GIFs, and more.
Go watch the app marketing video on https://air.me/ then check out the app in person.
Our company was founded a few years ago by Sean Parker and Shawn Fanning and is backed by Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Google Ventures, Founders Fund, and a host of other amazing partners
- Work with our product team to uncover actionable insights from behavioral user data.
- Provide analytical and data support to research team for setting up research studies (e.g. analyzing user segments, pulling lists for surveys and qualitative user tests, etc.)
- Create analytics frameworks and set best practices globally, including development of tools and dashboards
- Create sophisticated custom visualizations from large datasets
- Build and maintain analytics data pipelines
- Help empower data-driven product and marketing efforts
- At least 4 years experience analyzing data for marketing and/or product teams. Although academic experience is important, we are looking for those candidates who have industry experience post academia.
- Experience in digital marketing analytics at a mobile startup is preferred.
- BA/BS, MS, or Ph.D. in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or a quantitative discipline
- Proven track record and enthusiasm for complex problem solving and analysis, including working with large data sets
- Quantitative mindset, comfortable and proficient with statistical analyses
- Hands-on experience with visualization tools with expertise in building advanced custom visualizations in Power BI, Tableau and state of the art Data Viz frameworks ( D3.js, Processing.js,Raphael.js etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Python, R, Matlab, SQL, or other related analytical/programming tools and software
- Ability to communicate complex analytical insights in a simple, concise manner and to build strong relationships with marketing and product teams to effectively convert insights into action
- Comfortable and confident working as part of a face-paced, self-directed, dynamic team
- Experience with A/B Testing best practices and analysis
NICE TO HAVES
- Knowledge of Statistics is key for this role
- Experience with Data dashboarding tools like Looker, Mixpanel etc.
- Experience with custom visualization tools like Power BI or Tableau
- Experience with custom visualization JS frameworks like D3, Raphael etc.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as Redshift, HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Recommendation systems
Back to top