Senior Backend Engineer, Node.js
- Palo Alto, CA
We’re looking for an exceptional Senior Backend Engineer, Node.js to join us on our journey. If you like working with a high-impact, cross-functional, collaborative team and enjoy autonomy and empowerment… keep reading!
We are a diverse team of engineers that work on everything from scaling media servers around the world to building highly performant and complex UI on iOS and Android. We are pushing the limits on real time interactivity. We are looking for engineers who like to work with exceptional people on challenging problems.
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Airtime you will be responsible for the REST API that clients use for transactional operations, and a persistent websocket service for low latency messaging. You will help build and maintain microservices that dispatch push notifications to mobile clients, handle messaging, analytics, and other core business features.
What You'll Do
- Help build a system that is scalable, maintainable, and secure
- Write extensive tests to ensure that the features provided are reliable, and write thorough documentation so that client teams know how to use those features
- Utilize load tests and monitoring to make sure that our system is always capable of running at peak performance under load conditions
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years professional software engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (or foreign equivalent)
- Node.js with ES6 features
- Proficient understanding of Docker
- Proficient understanding of AWS
- Thorough understanding of MongoDB
- Thorough understanding of how to make a secure Web API
- Experience with socket.io
- Experience using continuous integration with CircleCI or equivalent
- Experience working with a micro service architecture
- Experience building scalable systems.
Back to top