Media - Software Engineer
We’re looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to join us on our journey. If you like working with a high-impact, cross-functional, collaborative team and enjoy autonomy and empowerment… keep reading!
The media team at Airtime is creating one of the most advanced platforms for real-time and streaming media in the world. We're passionate about building high-performance, high-quality software that runs the gamut from globally distributed infrastructure to low-level, device-specific optimizations.
We're looking for an enthusiastic candidate to help us provide the best possible video chat experience by extending and improving the globally distributed media infrastructure that is the backbone of the Airtime platform. This mandate includes our optimized real-time media stack for iOS and Android.
What You'll Do
- Enhance and extend the media infrastructure that is the heart of the Airtime media platform.
- Improve and maintain the custom, WebRTC-based frameworks we use to provide media services for iOS, Android, and web clients.
- Collect and analyze metrics relating to system performance and user behavior.
- Participate in detailed and constructive design and code reviews.
- Collaborate with other members of the team to deliver new features and enhancements on a regular basis.
- Work with application development teams to define APIs they can use to integrate with the media stack.
What We're Looking For
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field; or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Experience with C or C++.
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including familiarity with data structures and concurrent / multithreaded programming.
- Exposure to system programming concepts, such as networking, memory management, distributed systems fundamentals.
- Object-oriented programming and design skills.
- Interest in solving challenging, hard-to-pin-down problems.
These are not required, but will help you hit the ground running.
- Previous experience with WebRTC, streaming protocols, or other media-related technologies.
- Familiarity with audio or video processing techniques and algorithms.
- Experience developing software for iOS and Android.
- Familiarity with building services using Node.js.
Back to top