Airtable’s mission is to bring the power of software development to everyone. We are developing an extensible toolkit that our customers can leverage to build a variety of solutions and workflows. It has been extremely rewarding to see what our users are accomplishing with this toolkit. We’ve seen them use Airtable to run global processes across thousands of employees, coordinate manufacturing and 3D printing pipelines, and consolidate previously siloed data into a single source of truth.
Our goal is to expand this toolkit and make it even more powerful while keeping the experience seamless and easy to comprehend. This is an ambitious goal. To achieve it, we need growth-minded product engineers who are passionate about Airtable's mission and solving customer needs. As a product engineer on our team, you will be responsible for identifying and building solutions to address the most urgent customer needs in close collaboration with cross-functional partners.
What you’ll do
- Build delightful and reliable products to resolve users’ pain points and help them harness Airtable’s power.
- Design complex new systems to solve existing customer needs and help us move faster in the future.
- Partner with product managers, designers, and other cross-functional partners to understand customer needs and define the product roadmap to address the most urgent needs.
- Own a major initiative, including multiple tracks of work and engineers. Show leadership and drive execution across those tracks of work.
- Work on various layers of the stack, primarily in TypeScript, React+HTML+CSS, and Node, to build and maintain new and existing Airtable features.
- Drive alignment across the organization to tackle main user problems and build solutions at the group and organization level
- Provide mentorship to other engineers and up-level the team.
- Engage with internal and external business stakeholders for product feedback and iteration.
Who you are
- You have 7+ years of industry experience with modern full-stack web development, with an emphasis on customer-facing product development.
- You have experience leading the design and implementation of one or more long-term initiatives/systems in close collaboration with cross-functional partners and other stakeholders.
- You have a solid understanding of engineering best practices and principles of system design.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making and evaluating trade-offs, knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You are results-oriented, with an inherent ability to find innovative product changes, translate them into product specs, and finally deliver a higher-quality product.
- You are passionate about building great products to address user needs and resolve their pain points.
- You can build up strong relationships across the organization and cross-functionally.
- You have a background in computer science or a related field.
What we offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 80%)
- High deductible health plan available with health savings account contribution
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- Monthly “Lifestyle Wallet” to use for benefits like personal fitness (e.g., gym memberships, fitness equipment, etc.) to pet care to nutrition coaching, and more.
- Complimentary mental health support via Modern Health Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Annual Learning & Development wallet to support your career development
- Emergency backup care for dependents
- Access to financial planning and legal support
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 250,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $5.77 billion and raised $270 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!