Airtable's unique approach to enabling end-user software creation has struck a chord with users across many industries and use cases. Our accelerating present and future growth, coupled with our ambitious product surface area, brings many challenges. Data engineering can play a critical role in understanding how people use the open-ended toolkit that Airtable offers, thereby enabling our team to improve users' experience and accelerate their rate of success.
As one of the early data engineers at Airtable, you'll make an enormous contribution to our burgeoning data engineering efforts. You'll design and own mission-critical data pipelines to enable decision-making, partner with company leaders to create scalable data solutions and launch innovative alerting and visualization solutions.
Learn more about our Engineering team and values here.
What you'll do
- Work between our engineering organization and stakeholders from our data science, growth, sales, marketing, and product teams, to understand the data needs of the business and produce pipelines, data marts and other data solutions that enable better product and growth decision-making.
- Design and update our foundational business tables in order to simplify analysis across the entire company.
- Continue to improve the performance and reliability of our data-warehouse.
- Build and enforce a pattern language across our data stack, ensuring that our event taxonomy and tables are consistent, accurate, and well-understood.
Who you are
- You're passionate and thoughtful about building systems that enhance human understanding.
- You have professional experience designing, creating and maintaining scalable data pipelines.
- You've wrangled enough data to understand how often the complex systems that produce data can go wrong.
- You can write clear, correct code in at least one programming language, and are willing to become effective in others as needed to get your job done.
- You are highly effective with SQL and understand how to write and tune complex queries.
- You communicate with clarity and precision in written form; experience communicating with graphs and plots, or at least understanding how to enable other people to do this, is a big bonus.
What we offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 80%)
- High deductible health plan available with health savings account contribution
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- Monthly “Lifestyle Wallet” to use for benefits like personal fitness (e.g., gym memberships, fitness equipment, etc.) to pet care to nutrition coaching, and more.
- Complimentary mental health support via Modern Health
- Family planning support via Carrot (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Annual Learning & Development wallet to support your career development
- Emergency backup care for dependents
- Access to financial planning and legal support
- Supplemental reimbursement for Gender Affirmation procedures and services
- Access to pre-tax Transportation & Commuter Benefits
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 300,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $11.7 billion and raised $735 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!
Want to Learn More?
Our team faces significant challenges surrounding performance & reliability, read more!