Site Reliability Engineer
Airtable is a mission-critical system for a diverse set of teams and industries. We build our platform to scale, stay resilient, and deliver a delightful user experience all around. Our infrastructure requires thorough thinking, deep research into how things work, and rigorous coding. Our mission is ambitious, but we like to keep our infrastructure simple.
We’re looking for site reliability engineers who care deeply about building robust tools and operational practices that enable scale. Not only will you automate and build the workflows that support scaling out our architecture, you’ll also work closely with the rest of engineering to enable your peers to deliver and manage their features reliably, safely and efficiently.
What you'll do
- Automate everything: deploys, rollbacks, provisioning, failovers, testing, common tasks and everything in between.
- Design and implement monitoring tooling that will be used to optimize systems for uptime, performance, and reliability.
- Design and write tests that investigate how our infrastructure handles failure and scaling.
- Build nontrivial internal tooling to support and enable engineering workflows.
- Research hot-off-the-press CVEs and implement best practices that protect our users.
- Refine and expand our incident response best practices, ensuring that engineers, including yourself, are able to respond efficiently when incidents do occur.
Who you are
- You are thoughtful and thorough, whether it's scripting bulletproof deployment automation, testing scripts, writing recovery playbooks, or digging into logs, monitoring data and code to find the root of a problem.
- You've worked with Linux, containers/namespaces, and system automation tools for Unix and cloud platforms.
- You take pride in writing solid, maintainable code.
- You're comfortable being paged for major incidents but also work to build fault tolerant systems so that those incidents are a rarity.
- You have multiple years of relevant technical experience, including significant experience with site reliability, developer productivity or devops, or server infrastructure engineering.
What we offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 65%)
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- High deductible health plan with health spend account contribution
- $250 monthly wellness stipend for you to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental health support
- Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Generous vacation and sick time
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 250,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $5.77 billion and raised $270 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!
Back to top