Airtable is used by all kinds of people: marketers, filmmakers, tech startups, wedding planners, realtors, and cattle ranchers, to name just a few. Unlike single-purpose apps, we think of Airtable as a horizontal toolkit composed of intuitive building blocks that people can repurpose to create their own applications. Our product roadmap is filled with interesting enhancements and additions to this toolkit that greatly expand the boundaries of Airtable’s capabilities.
We’re looking for frontend engineers who equally relish the subtle interaction details that make products delightful, the hard technical challenges involved in making a desktop-grade web app, writing highly reusable code, and thinking about how to build better systems of abstraction. Product intuition is as much a necessity as technical knowledge or familiarity with best practices of frontend engineering.
What you'll do
- Spec and build user interfaces that are beautiful, consistent, and fast, that thrive under heavy customization and varying use cases, that encourage exploration, and that earn the trust of our customers through predictable, reliable, and thoughtful interactions.
- Architect and build highly interactive realtime interfaces and visualizations that scale performantly to 10s of thousands of records.
- Invent patterns and reusable components that our users can assemble to build powerful software workflows.
- Work with React, ES6, and HTML/CSS to build and maintain new Airtable features.
- Create reusable and maintainable frontend systems and abstractions.
Who you are
- You have strong product and design sensibilities, and enjoy perfecting the details that matter.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You want to work in a product-driven environment.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation. We believe that software stands to be the single most impactful way anyone can bring their ideas to life, yet that few people can actually access it as a creative medium. Airtable enables everyone to experience the power of creating, not just using, software. Headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable has raised $170M in venture funding to date, most recently a 100M Series C from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.
Back to top