People Operations Leader
At Airtable, we are passionate about how our product democratizes software creation and empowers anyone to “create anything.” Building a remarkable team is a top-level company priority as we go execute on this vision, and we need a world-class People function to make it happen! The People Team’s mission is to be a strategic partner to the business by closely aligning our talent and business objectives and helping every Airtablet thrive professionally and reach their full potential.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the founding People team. In this role, you will establish key People functions, like People Operations, Total Rewards, Systems and Analytics. You'll be empowered to build People Operations processes and programs, and you will define how the people function will collaborate with and support the organization moving forward.
What you'll do
- Develop and execute on a People Operations strategy and operating plan with measurable objectives and anticipated key results
- Partner effectively with Airtable teams to provide coaching and support on People strategy, employee relations, and manager enablement. This includes providing career development and performance management guidance and feedback to managers individually and systematically
- Design and own the delivery and effectiveness of core People and Culture processes and programs, including:
- Employee lifecycle activities (on-boarding, off-boarding, leave management, etc.)
- Employee relations, including investigations
- Benefits planning and administration
- Compliance and policy management
- Compensation reviews and payroll support
- Ensure compliance with applicable labor and employment laws and regulations by accurately compiling and submitting data for mandated reporting at the federal, state, and local levels
- Serve as primary contact to assist employees in resolving employee relations issues and grievances by conducting effective, thorough, and objective investigation
- Drive company-wide initiatives that increase employee satisfaction and productivity
Who you are
- You’re a seasoned People Operations professional with at least six years of experience, preferably at a high-growth company. At least one year of management experience is a plus.
- You leverage all essential HR procedures and practices—from employment law to compliance—to build a best-in-class People Operations practice. You love staying abreast of the latest industry updates, and your insatiable desire to hone your craft leads you to continually seek out best practices from your peers.
- You turn feedback and your own observations into a strategic, clear, and achievable plan. Be it a program, process, or policy, you excel at connecting the dots from plan to execution and engaging your strong problem-solving skills. You’re still comfortable being a “hands-on” manager, willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done, being able to oscillate between a 30,000ft and 5ft view.
- Communication is one of your top strengths. You are proactive, clear, and compelling in your written and oral communication, and your high EQ and business acumen mean you can communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- One of your superpowers is building relationships at every level of the organization. You are equal parts emphatic and objective, able to put yourself in someone else’s shoes but eager to thoughtfully consider all sides of an issue. You are a coach and advisor who inspires trust and is sought out for your ability to deliver thoughtful feedback and unblock potential.
- You are a proactive self-starter who navigates ambiguity with aplomb. There’s nothing you love more than turning something chaotic into a structured and orderly process!
- The well-being of our team is one of your top priorities. You continually monitor employee sentiment, spotting issues before they become problems and proactively suggesting ways to help everyone reach their full potential.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: We’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym.
- Catered lunches: We have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working.
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation. We believe that software stands to be the single most impactful way anyone can bring their ideas to life, yet that few people can actually access it as a creative medium. Airtable enables everyone to experience the power of creating, not just using, software.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable has raised $170M in venture funding to date, most recently a $100M Series C from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.
Back to top