Lead Customer Support Advocate
Airtable is seeking an enthusiastic Lead Customer Support Advocate to enable our support team and customers with live chat support! We're looking for a Lead who is highly empathetic, eager to understand customer’s underlying issues, and whose passion is providing people actionable solutions while serving as the coach and mentor to a squad of Customer Support Advocates
The right person will regularly consider how to ensure the success of Customer Support Advocates in their squad, share best practices with other customer support leaders, and use customer insights to constantly improve how Airtable meets customer needs. This role requires a love of process development, coaching, learning, clear detailed communication, and strong writing skills.
Airtable users span every industry and every function—they are cattle farmers, Fortune 500 companies, and city governments—which means you and your Customer Support Advocates squad will be responsible for supporting a diverse and dynamic range of use cases to transform the way our customer’s work.
What you’ll do
- Provide continuous feedback, through ticket QA, 1:1s, and performance reviews to improve outcomes on your Customer Support Advocates squad. Develop peer-mentorship opportunities within your squad or across others.
- Collaborate with other Leads, Support Operations, and Customer Support management to prioritize work and set the direction for Customer Support.
- Establish and share best practices with all of Customer Support to improve our team’s performance and knowledge as we expand to new support channels including live chat and screen shares.
- Develop reliable scalable processes that lean into data, technology, and process development to effectively lead our evolving team.
- Lead by example by providing exceptional customer service that helps everyone—from nonprofit managers to Fortune 500 executives—realize their goals through Airtable with live (eg. chat or screen share) or asynchronous (eg. email) support. Handle escalated customer issues.
- Develop and maintain expert-level knowledge of Airtable - dive in and experiment with new features. Anticipate upcoming user needs and support the learning and development of your team.
- Lead by example by handling customer support live (eg. emails, chat, or screen share) or asynchronously (eg. email) to model any kind of workflow, from editorial calendars for major publications to fire truck inventories for fire departments.
Who you are
- You have at least 1 year of experience coaching others in Customer Support best practices, preferably leading live-chat.
- Your peers speak highly of how you lead by example, cheer for them from the sidelines, and are quick to offer your expertise to solve challenging problems.
- You are an avid Airtable user with solid product experience. We will ask about this in our interview!
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative and is energized even when a clear path isn’t laid out for you.
- You approach every situation with high empathy and put the customer experience first. You enjoy speaking about customer needs with internal stakeholders, sharing their challenges with data-backed anecdotes.
- You thrive and lead effectively in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing and fast-paced environment. You enjoy technically complex or nuanced challenges.
- Written communication is your forté; you can distill complicated topics into something clear and succinct.
- You believe great customer support can transform a user’s experience.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation, similar to the way the Macintosh democratized personal computing. Software is arguably the most important creative medium of the last century, yet most people cannot build their own software. Airtable gives people and companies a “lego kit” they can use to create custom applications on their own, regardless of technical experience.
We’ve raised $170M in venture funding, including most recently a 100M Series C from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.
Airtable is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Learn more about the product and signup at http://airtable.com
Back to top