Growth Engineer - SEO focus
- San Francisco, CA
Airtable is used by all kinds of people: marketers, filmmakers, tech startups, wedding planners, realtors, and cattle ranchers, to name just a few. Unlike single-purpose apps, we think of Airtable as a horizontal toolkit composed of intuitive building blocks that people can repurpose to create their own applications. The Growth team’s vision is to create a world where everyone can use Airtable to improve their lives. We own the most critical steps in our user journey, optimizing the user’s first 30 days, as well as key business goals such as monetization.
We’re looking for a Growth Engineer who specializes in optimizing websites across search engines and would be excited to own the SEO domain as the first SEO engineering specialist at Airtable. The ideal candidate will be able to use their deep SEO expertise to make changes to drive traffic as well as build new user experiences to activate users. This role will help identify and prioritize opportunities and work in our Growth organization led by our head of growth, Darius Contractor.
What you'll do
- Identify, implement and optimize organic traffic growth opportunities.
- Build top of funnel user experiences to drive sign ups and activate users.
- Collaborate with marketing and other non-engineering teams on content creation for visibility on search engines and landing page improvements across the website.
- Evangelize and educate the engineering organization on SEO best practices.
- Work at all levels of the stack from Node.JS+SQL to React+HTML+CSS.
- Understand our users via data and customer research, adding logging and building reports as needed.
- Identify opportunities for improving Airtable based on data, research, and your own insight and creativity.
- Create reusable and maintainable systems and abstractions.
Who you are
- You’re a software engineer with who cares deeply about driving business impact via improving user experience.
- You have prior hands-on experience with SEO.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You want to work in growth at a company that is serious about data and experimentation.
- You believe the best product is the one that helps users accomplish their goals while growing the business.
- You have a results-oriented approach, with an inherent ability to find innovative product changes, translate them into product specs, and finally deliver a higher-quality product.
- You have a strong background in computer science, with a degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Bonus points if
- Experienced with both startups and large websites/apps.
- Previous work in bottoms-up SaaS growth.
- Deep knowledge on web frameworks and performance.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 65% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You’ll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- High Deductible Health Plan w/ Health Spend Account contribution
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- $200 monthly wellness stipend for you to use to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental Health Support
- Family Planning Support (fertility, adoption, surrogacy)
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we’re back we’ll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world. Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.
Back to top