Developer Support Engineer
- Flexible / Remote
You’ll primarily communicate with external developers through our community forum, over email, and in chat to help customers debug issues with their API integrations (airtable.com/api), scripts (try.airtable.com/scripting), and custom blocks (airtable.com/developers/blocks). You will relay product and user enablement feedback to inform broader company actions as we partner to lay the foundations of Airtable’s developer community. This role requires a love of learning, deep curiosity, and clear-writing skills. The right customer solution won't always be obvious, but you see this as part of the fun!
The role can be remote or based in our Austin or San Francisco office. As a member of Airtable’s frontline Support team, this role has fixed hours of 7am-3pm ET or 11am - 7pm PT.
What you’ll do
- Provide exceptional technical support for new and experienced Airtable developers through email, chat, screen shares and in our community forum. Participate in some webinars.
- Develop deep Airtable product expertise, learning to model any kind of workflow, from editorial calendars for major publications to fire truck inventories for fire departments.
- Anticipate customer needs and problems before they surface; develop deep customer intuition to empower Airtable’s customers to achieve their goals.
- Identify technical escalations when necessary and write clear and concise bug reports for our platform engineering team to investigate.
- Help turn customer feedback into actionable product recommendations to inform future Product, Growth, Marketing, and Customer Support initiatives.
- Help train and educate the support team where there are knowledge gaps.
Who you are
- 2+ years of experience in a developer relations or technical support role.
- You are detail oriented and enjoy getting into the technical weeds.
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative and is energized even when a clear path isn’t laid out for you.
- Written communication is your forté; you can distill complicated topics into something clear and succinct.
- You are a natural teacher and are passionate about helping others fulfill their potential.
- You believe support can transform the user experience.
Bonus points if
- You are experienced in TypeScript
- You have experience setting up and using Airtable (personally or professionally)
What we offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 65%)
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- High deductible health plan with health spend account contribution
- $250 monthly wellness stipend for you to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental health support
- Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Generous vacation and sick time
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 250,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $5.77 billion and raised $270 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!
Back to top