Airtable's mission is to enable anyone to create software. Users can only create fearlessly when they trust that their data is safe with us. Therefore, security is built into everything we do: product design, feature development, architecture, operations, and customer support. We're building a world-class cybersecurity team, seeking the brightest minds to innovate and create real solutions that solve the challenges facing the internet community. To accomplish this, our team will be performing research, serving as subject matter experts, and presenting our work at conferences.
We are looking for an Application Security Manager to own the Application Security team including roadmaps and technical strategies, innovative tooling, research, and processes. You'll collaborate with cross-functional teams to create innovative AppSec strategies and develop a best in class AppSec program.
What you will do
- Manage and build the application security team including creating the team’s roadmaps and priorities
- Hire, mentor, and provide strategic direction to the application security team
- Build out the application security strategy within Airtable, laying the foundation for future proofing the product. This will include bringing in new processes (e.g. SDLC, SLAs) and tooling (e.g. SAST, DAST)
- Partner with engineering and product leaders across the company to help them prioritize security issues in their products and balance business goals
- Play a key role of a technical lead working hands on in critical application security initiatives whilst the team grows
Who you are
- Minimum of 8 years relevant application/product security experience with technical hands on AppSec skills and a deep understanding of various AppSec strategies and their trade offs
- Minimum of 2 years team leadership experience
- Worked in high growth, cloud native companies
- Significant experience in cloud security architecture and infrastructure (our current stack is all AWS, running containers inside EC2 instances we manage, configured via Terraform and Chef.
- You have experience hiring, coaching, and cultivating an excellent team
- You have strong communication skills and a product focused mindset to build the right solutions for your customers
What We Offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 80%)
- High deductible health plan available with health savings account contribution
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- Monthly “Lifestyle Wallet” to use for benefits like personal fitness (e.g., gym memberships, fitness equipment, etc.) to pet care to nutrition coaching, and more.
- Complimentary mental health support via Modern Health Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Annual Learning & Development wallet to support your career development
- Emergency backup care for dependents
- Access to financial planning and legal support
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 250,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $5.77 billion and raised $270 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!