Aircall is on a mission to revolutionize the business phone industry!
We exist to empower every professional to have richer conversations. We provide an entirely cloud-based voice solution, which seamlessly integrates with popular productivity and helpdesk tools. We have raised more than $220 million since 2015, and our base of 8000+ customers (and growing) is at our forefront.
Behind our product are the amazing teams driving it, split between Paris, New York, Sydney, Madrid, London, Berlin and remote locations. Despite our distance, we all work together to drive our product!
As a Backend Engineer, you will be a key contributor to the development, deployment, and operation of business-critical features of the Aircall product. You will be a member of one of our agile delivery teams, working on the backend components of the Aircall product.
Quality, excellence, and agility drive our delivery processes.
Using Typescript / NodeJS as part of a serverless architecture (AWS SAM) we use a number of additional AWS components (Lambda, SQS, SNS, S3, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Cognito to name a few), to deliver highly resilient, scalable services on top of voice and fully integrate with our customers’ business critical tools (CRM, Helpdesk, E-Commerce...).
Your mission @Aircall:
- Write clean scalable code using Typescript / Node.js, (occasionally Go or Ruby) and test and deploy applications and systems.
- Take an active part in the requirements analysis, solution design, architecture, and end-to-end delivery of key modules in order to provide business solutions.
- Revise, update, refactor, and debug code.
- Be part of an engineering organization delivering high quality, secure, and scalable solutions to Aircall clients.
A little more about you:
- You have at least 4+ years of experience in back-end development , preferably using a typed language (Typescript/Node.js, Java, Scala, C# or Go), with a focus on delivering for security, scalability, availability, and performance.
- You will have worked with AWS most common components (such as Lambda, ECS, EC2, S3, SQS, DynamoDB, Kinesis) in a production environment (significant experience of GCP or Azure would also be suitable).
- Security is at the forefront of your mind in everything that you do.
- You are familiar with code quality and other engineering best practices (testability, maintainability), and you are accustomed to using systems such as Jira, Confluence, GitLab, GitHub, etc.
- Clean Code, Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development and Continuous Integration/Deployment are the way you develop and release software.
- You possess effective and proactive communication skills, and can collaborate easily at team level (and beyond, with stakeholders or other teams).
- You are used to working in Agile teams and look for and implement continuous improvement, but you also appreciate good process and quality assurance in mitigating risk and improving quality.
- You favour collaborative practices.
- You invest your interpersonal experience to include other engineers in your actions. You have experience in identifying, debugging and solving complex production issues.
Nice to Have:
- Experience of Amazon Aurora on high volume / high throughput applications is a plus.
- A proven experience with Domain Driven Design would be a plus.
- Experience with Ruby / Ruby On Rails would be a plus.
We know that success comes from smart work and deserves to be recognized and rewarded
We value people who are bold, ambitious, collaborative and customer-centric. We’re a global community growing together
If you love a good challenge, enjoy solving meaningful problems, and want to be a part of one of the fastest-growing B2B startups, then Aircall is the company you are looking for!
Aircall offers a unique work environment and the chance to collaborate with diverse teammates across continents. We'll provide freedom and tools to allow you to thrive at your best, and foster an environment you can do it in.
Why join us?
🚀 Key moment to join Aircall in term of growth and opportunities
💆♀️ Our people matter, work-life balance is important at Aircall
📚 Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
🌍 35+ Nationalities: cosmopolite & multi-cultural mindset
💶 Competitive salary package & benefits (health coverage, lunch, commute, sports)
At Aircall, we believe diversity, equity and inclusion, irrespective of origins, identity, background and orientations, are core to our Aircall journey.
We promote active inclusion to foster a strong sense of belonging which is one of our main strengths as a business. We strive to assemble diverse people that can enrich and learn from each other. We pledge to make sure everyone not only has a seat at the table but is valued at the table -- providing equal opportunities to develop and thrive.
We will constantly challenge ourselves to make sure that we live up to our ambitions around diversity, equity and inclusion, and keep this conversation open because we realize that we have work to do and much to learn.