Aircall is on a mission to revolutionize the business phone industry!
We exist to empower every professional to have richer conversations. We provide an entirely cloud-based voice solution, which seamlessly integrates with popular productivity and helpdesk tools. We have raised more than $220 million since 2015, and our base of 8000+ customers (and growing) is at our forefront.
Behind our product are the amazing teams driving it, split between Paris, New York, Sydney, Madrid, London, Berlin and remote locations. Despite our distance, we all work together to drive our product!
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, deployment, and operation of business-critical features that add customer value on top of Voice. Best practices, evangelization, and mentoring in your team and across the whole of Engineering will be part of your day to day job.
Quality, excellence, and agility drive our delivery processes and you will help us level these up. Using a variety of back-end stacks, appropriate for each requirement, but always hosted on AWS, we build added value and resilient services on top of voice and fully integrate with our customers’ business critical tools (CRM, Helpdesk, E-Commerce, …).
**This position is a remote role based in France - It will involved some casual travel to Paris**
Your mission @Aircall:
- Write clean scalable code using Typescript / Node.js, (occasionally Go or Ruby) and test and deploy applications and systems.
- Have key responsibilities within the requirements analysis, solution design, architecture, and end-to-end delivery of key modules in order to provide business solutions.
- Revise, update, refactor, and debug code.
- Be part of an engineering organization delivering high quality, secure, and scalable solutions to Aircall clients.
- Involvement in product and platform performance optimization and live site monitoring.
- Mentor team members.
A little more about you:
- You have at least 8+ years of experience in back-end development , preferably using a typed language (Typescript/Node.js, Java, Scala, C#, Go), with a focus on delivering for security, scalability, availability, and performance.
- You will have worked extensively with AWS in a production environment, preferably for high volume / high availability services and understand how to design for, deploy on and get the best out of, the environment and services provided by Amazon (significant experience of similar components on GCP or Azure would also be suitable).
- Security is at the forefront of your mind in everything that you do.
- You are rigorous with code quality and other engineering best practices (testability, maintainability), and are accustomed to using systems such as Jira, Confluence, GitLab, GitHub, etc.
- Clean Code, Clean Architecture, Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development and Continuous Integration/Deployment are the way you design, develop and release software.
- You possess effective and proactive communication skills, and can collaborate with different profiles and roles.
- You are used to working in Agile teams and look for and implement continuous improvement, but you also appreciate good process and quality assurance in mitigating risk and improving quality.
- You can provide technical leadership to manage debt and legacy code with business and technical risk mitigation
- You favour collaborative practices. You invest your technical and interpersonal experience to mentor juniors and include other engineers in your actions.
- You have experience in identifying, debugging and solving complex production issues.
- Experience of Amazon Aurora on high volume / high throughput applications is a plus.
- A proven experience with Domain Driven Design would be a significant advantage.
- Experience with Ruby / Ruby On Rails would be a plus.
Nice to have:
We know that success comes from smart work and deserves to be recognized and rewarded
We value people who are bold, ambitious, collaborative and customer-centric. We’re a global community growing together.
If you love a good challenge, enjoy solving meaningful problems, and want to be a part of one of the fastest-growing B2B startups, then Aircall is the company you are looking for!
Aircall offers a unique work environment and the chance to collaborate with diverse teammates across continents. We'll provide freedom and tools to allow you to thrive at your best, and foster an environment you can do it in.
Why join us?
🚀 Key moment to join Aircall in term of growth and opportunities
💆♀️ Our people matter, work-life balance is important at Aircall
📚 Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
🌍 35+ Nationalities: cosmopolite & multi-cultural mindset
💶 Competitive salary package & benefits
At Aircall, we believe diversity, equity and inclusion, irrespective of origins, identity, background and orientations, are core to our Aircall journey.
We promote active inclusion to foster a strong sense of belonging which is one of our main strengths as a business. We strive to assemble diverse people that can enrich and learn from each other. We pledge to make sure everyone not only has a seat at the table but is valued at the table -- providing equal opportunities to develop and thrive.
We will constantly challenge ourselves to make sure that we live up to our ambitions around diversity, equity and inclusion, and keep this conversation open because we realize that we have work to do and much to learn.