Workplace Operations Manager
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb 爱彼迎 is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries.
Beijing is a fast-growing, up-and-coming office and home to the most hospitable people you will ever meet! Our small and extremely capable team of Beijing-based colleagues strive to make the impossible happen for our inbound and outbound travellers within this big and diverse market.
We want you to the part of our growth story.
Are you comfortable, and excel, in a fast-paced environment where the highest standards of excellence are expected? You know how to have fun at work, and bring enthusiasm, dedication and a collaborative spirit to build and maintain a workplace that is unique and hugely culturally driven. You wouldn't settle for delivering anything less than five-star customer service.
A high level of understanding what, when, and whom to communicate will enable this role to achieve a great level of success.
The Workplace Operations Manager is responsible to nurture a collaborative and supportive team environment across functions. The Workplace Operations Manager is responsible for the successful daily operations of the Airbnb office(s) within their remit. This includes delivery of programs which may include:
- Facilities Management:
- Space planning and space management, including strategic planning and tactical moves/shuffles
- Managing small projects including efficiency improvements, office alterations & repairs, normal moves, adds and changes
- Managing vendors including janitorial, mail/courier, landscaping, preventive maintenance, office supplies.
- Food Program:
- Work closely with the Global Food Team to ensure their program is delivered successfully in the office(s).
- Advocating for the Food Program with local leadership and stakeholders.
- Providing the Global Food Team with feedback about how the program is received in country.
- Providing day-to-day leadership of a local Food employee who will have a direct reporting relationship to the Global Food Team.
- Safety & Security (including Reception services):
- Working closely with the Safety & Security Team to ensure their program is delivered successfully in the office(s).
- Acting as an onsite representative of the Safety & Security Team in times of crisis if no Safety & Security Team member is present.
- Advocating for the Safety & Security Program with local leadership and stakeholders.
- Providing the Safety & Security Team with feedback about how the program is received in country.
- Customer relationships:
- Serve as the single point of contact for all things related to office space.
- Understand our customers’ strategies and expectations and deliver a relevant solution. Where Global Programs are missing the mark inform global teams of the opportunities to improve.
- Leadership & Management:
- Ensure efficient delivery utilizing an effective balance of internal employees and service providers.
- Provide leadership and guidance to both internal employees and service providers in decision-making processes that drive customer value.
- Lead, mentor, and develop team members – while respecting the subject matter expertise that they and their global team bring to the table.
- Develop and monitor operational budgets for both internal and contracted resources; responsible for operational performance of service providers.
- Accountable for budgets.
- Work with Airbnb Workplace functional leads to develop consistent, reliable practices to deliver high quality, productive, safe workplace environments.
- Key Performance Measurements:
- Establish a high performance and continuous improvement culture driven by key performance metrics, benchmarking and sharing of best practices.
- Ability to strategically scale the Workplace team to support future growth.
- A high level of understanding in what, when, and whom to communicate will enable this role to achieve a great level of success.
- A Bachelor Degree is preferred
- Minimum 7 years experience in managing a high-profile operational team within an Integrated Facilities Management environment or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to lead external service providers
- Strong technical knowledge of Contract Management
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed, with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to execute tasks in an efficient and timely manner
- Work effectively in a matrix organization
- Fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top