Visual Design Manager,China
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. An economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 191 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
About Airbnb China
As an independent business unit, China is one of the major engines behind Airbnb's global growth. The company has increased its investment in China and experienced rapid growth since officially entering the market at the end of 2015. Airbnb continues to focus on product localization and innovation to better serve local users and enhance the user experience, nurture a trusting local community, and engage Chinese Millennial travelers with inspiring brand moments. As one of the leaders in the home sharing industry, Airbnb works with partners across many fields to actively promote the sustainable development of this emerging industry and achieve win-win results for everyone. Airbnb will continue to build an efficient local team, bringing the end-to-end, authentic travel experience to Chinese travelers, and creating a world where "anyone can belong anywhere".
Our Design Team is growing and we want you to be part of it! China is the world’s largest, and fastest growing, outbound travel market. We’re looking for Visual Design Manager to lead the Visual design team to define high-profile marketing campaigns visual strategy and grow our Design Language System. If you are excited about bringing Airbnb to the Chinese audience, to build experiences that help Chinese travelers see the world through our local experiences, personable hosts and unique accommodations, this will be perfect for you!
- Design elegant UIs for China audience across platforms
- Create and manage asset libraries for reusable, systematic design
- Manage visual designers across multiple product areas and be accountable for visual quality
- Help shape the strategic vision and goals for the entire visual design team
- Work with other design specialist and managers on team-wide initiatives, like recruiting and developing content standards
- Help the team influence strategic decisions in their product areas
- Mentor and coach team members to set concrete goals and develop their strengths
- Provide regular, actionable performance feedback and reviews
- Share learnings with the team in San Francisco and work with other design specialist to improve our visual design quality.
- 2+ years management and leadership experience
- 5+ years experience working as a Visual/UI Designer
- Solid knowledge of the creative process, including typical time and resources needed to produce work on time, at high quality, and to specification
- Expert understanding of the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, and proportion
- Excellent organization and presentation skills to structure your presentations and documents in a way that can be easily understood and modified by others
- Problem solver that requires very little guidance on projects; thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills in Chinese and English
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional partners and work in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for Airbnb’s mission and deep empathy for our diverse community
Back to top